• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M1009 has a minor rust issue!!!!!

ryan77

Well i bought this m1009 out of sparta i didnt preview it and im paying the price!!! I picked it up and holly Sh$t does it have rust so im not getting mad im just going to fix it right. So im replacing both rockers inner and outter and both inner fenders and the drivers door. So i thought i would post some pics in my progress!!!

:beer:

Attachments

Ghost2012

Well i bought this m1009 out of sparta i didnt preview it and im paying the price!!! I picked it up and holly Sh$t does it have rust so im not getting mad im just going to fix it right. So im replacing both rockers inner and outter and both inner fenders and the drivers door. So i thought i would post some pics in my progress!!!

:beer:
I want to start fixing mine... but the two worst areas are door jame (upper seam) and windshield frame. How do you repair those?

I look forward to tracking your progress.

midcounty

The rockers, inner fenders, and wheel wells seem standard rust areas on these. At least the parts are cheap to fix them. I have two that will be getting the same treatment. Have fun with the new truck, I love mine.

ryan77

I want to start fixing mine... but the two worst areas are door jame (upper seam) and windshield frame. How do you repair those?

I look forward to tracking your progress.

I had one last year with window rust, pull the windshield and either cut out the section on a donor or you have to custom make the piece. I had to custom bend the piece for that one and weld it in, paint and have the windshield put back in all fun i had to make a scafolding to stand where the hood would be!!!!!!!:beer:

ranchhopper

I saw those rockers in the pics before the auction I know they had some trucks relotted because the rust was bad guys came to get them and refused them saying they were misrepresented I just bought two parts blazers for the rustfree tubs for spares.

Ghost2012

I saw those rockers in the pics before the auction I know they had some trucks relotted because the rust was bad guys came to get them and refused them saying they were misrepresented I just bought two parts blazers for the rustfree tubs for spares.

Would it be cheaper/easier to just replace the entire tub or try to fix mine as money allows?

ryan77

I should have bought yours ranch hopper but i also enjoy a challenge!!!!!!!!!! You still have that one for sale if so pm me!!!

hlcrkfrm

When you buy from sparta WI, you have to be carefull of the rust. I have seen some where
you could put a foot through the floor if you are not careful, then there are some that are almost rust free .

landen300

Camp Shelby in Hattiesburg, Mississippi is a good place to go. Mine has a little rust on the rockers, they arent bad enough to replace yet though. I don't plan on driving it in the salt, so they probably won't get too much worse very fast.

ranchhopper

I should have bought yours ranch hopper but i also enjoy a challenge!!!!!!!!!! You still have that one for sale if so pm me!!!
A friend down in lemont bought the truck it had A/C someone added it after the military quit useing it the truck had no rust at all he is really happy with it.

ryan77

Next one i buy will be out of nellis i think, but this one will be 100% rust free in 2 weeks and have a brand new sherwin williams carc 3 color nato paint job!!!!!!!!!!!

OSO

That is the best way to deal with rust from Wisconsin . Cut out the cancer,replace with new ! Been there ( I lived in Wi till 1985) I moved to Washington in August 1985 . Vehicles out here almost rust free!!:grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks