• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M109a3 going 100% LED

Darwin T

I am starting the install for my new LED front turn signal light that i have in hand now. this will put me at 100% LED on my M109a3 because i don't have a blackout light installed. so, i ordered my LED blackout light today. when it comes in and i get it installed i will be 100% working LED.

then when i start working in the box, i will be converting all the lighting back there to LED also.

Attachments

Darwin T

i bought my led bulbs at LED Miniature 24-28 Volt AC/DC T3-1/4 BA9s Base / White: Light Bulbs Etc, Inc. they are the same bulbs for the dash, turn signal and transfer switch. they come in White which i bought and put on the colored covers. they also come in Green, Red and Yellow. they also come in other voltages so be careful. i added the light switch, there are some who don't like the new style switches, however, i have had mine in my M109a3 for around 3 years and love it. my 2 M35a2's have the 3 switch ones and i like them also. this was put together one piece at a time over about a year. i will try to get a picture of the LED dash bulbs today after work when i start to take out the old front turn signals.

Darwin T

the M109a3 is the same as the M35a2 with the box instead of the bed. the M109a4 is the same as the M35a3 with the box instead of the bed. the paperwork and data plates i got with it all said M109a3. the M185 and M109a2 i am not sure the difference.

CanonNinja

sweeeet. Ive got the same waiting to go on the M35A3 I just bought. Just need to order a new flasher and track down a push button switch. all new Trucklite all the way around, and new turn signal lever too. should be a good lookin truck once i go pick it up this week

Darwin T

How well do the dash lights, light up the inside of the gauges?
better than the regular bulbs, however when i replaced my gauges and added the air light i painted the back of the cluster plate black, not thinking that it won't show and white would have reflected better. the LEDs only come in one brightness, unlike the regular bulbs that come in 1873 brighter and 1819 dimmer.

srodocker

people have told me to get a new style flasher unit. confused on that one. im also going all led. maybe even my offroad lights

awesome truck btw.

im thinking of painting or switching it with the same air light switch as it just has that little dot on the tip.

Last edited:

Darwin T

if they are talking about the light control switch the new push button one is the thing on the left. the old style has 3 switches that control the lights. some people have had bad luck with the push button ones like the one i have. it's just what you like.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks