• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M109a3 going 100% LED

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Darwinn T, Thanks for taking the time to post this, this is very useful to me.[thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup]

Thats ( 1 ) REP point from me.

Darwin T

2 light the panel, 1 for high beams, 1 for transfer case, 1 for turn signal switch, and mine has 1 in the middle for low air pressure warning light. there is a link in post #5 for the bulbs. they come in red, green, yellow and white. they also come in different voltages so watch out. i bought white and used the covers to change the colors that way i can use any bulb anywhere.

Attachments

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
How many bulbs light up the factory gauge cluster for the gauges? I want to upgrade these to LED as i cant read the needles at night

What part number
Have you pulled the gauge cluster and cleaned the windows on the side of the gauge that let the light in?

Darwin T

the back of my dash gauge cluster is the same color as the front. if i remove it again i will paint the back white or something shinny. i also am using see through covers on the dash to have a little cab light, not for a work light but just to see if i have to grab something. the covered covers don't shire outward and make the gauges briter. all of my gauges were replace with new ones about 2 years ago. i can see the gauges better than my cell phone camera can.

i think it works really well.

Attachments

srodocker

Now where did you pick that blackout light that is awesome! i have to order my dash bulbs soon. i wonder what the life span is and how many i should order...

jstier

I found a set of LED headlights for a good price, They are on the way.

The Blackout light looks sweat. **** now going to have to find one.

Jeff
Fort Wayne IN
1986 M923A1

Darwin T

Now where did you pick that blackout light that is awesome! i have to order my dash bulbs soon. i wonder what the life span is and how many i should order...
the LED blackout light i bought on Ebay and i had to order two and it was pricey.

the dash bulbs the is 1 in the turn signal twitch, 1 hight beam, 2 to light the gauges, 1 in the transfer case air switch and if you have a low air warning light then one more.

5 or 6 will work but i order a couple of extra. i don't know how long they last but LEDs usually last longer the bulbs.

CobraCDR

The LEDs are suppose to last 10x-50x times longer than a standard bulb and are far more resistant to vibration. The justification for the replacement cost in them is that you should only have to replace (or switch over to them) once. I have yet to see any burn out or fail.

Darwin T

well got the LED front turn signals mostly installed. everything was going great until, wait for it, the passenger side one would not blink, the very last light go figure. the blackouts work fine but no flasher or turn signal on the right side front, back works fine. i tried 2 different lights and the same thing. i think i have a grounding issue, i hope that all i have is a grounding issue. run out of day light. so i will call it 95% LED. the last picture is the headlights in action.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks