• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My mud truck build bad 395/85/20 tires?

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why do I get the impression that you are going to either get really good at fixing and replacing a whole lot of parts or this truck is going to be gone?
KK

Watsonpreston

i will be pulling the cover next weekend either way unless it's somthing small and it isn't. i will be looking for a 3052 trans to get it back together for a event coming up. Yes I understand when you beat a truck as hard as I do it might break but then again it's only a toy if it breaks I fix/ try to upgrade when time lets me I have almost all the parts for home made hydraulic steering the only reason it did not get upgraded is I got a free steering gearbox and steering wheel in time to make a event it will be getting torn out with the tranny next weekend.

Watsonpreston

If it just sheared a key way that would be nice but would that make the output have a lot of play. At first I was thinking keyways till I found the slopy output.

Watsonpreston

If one of the shafts in the tranny are snaped from now on when beating the truck I will have the transfer case in low and the transmission in a higher gear so the shafts in the transmission don't have as much toqurqe going through them

Hainebd

You will just break something else. You will chase the torque down the driveline. It is a 100hp truck. Made so anyone could operate and repair but designed so hard to break at that HP. If you are serious, start at the axles and brakes. Upgrade to contain the HP you are running. Then move up through the driveline. Or like everyone else has wrote, Sell it, buy a mud rig.

Watsonpreston

Running stock power fyi for now have pyro just need to turn fuel
the breaks are more then fine if you keep them adjusted good
have aready done the mud rig many times video of one from last weekend https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M-0ju3U7PhE
All the axles have spools and front has upgrade shafts from last rig and the rear is stock but I have spare stock shafts
the transfer case I dont think will break there are a lot of trucks feeding crazy power in them with no problems at all. What do you belive is the weak point if you belive there is one down hill from the tranny? Thanks

Hainebd

I just noticed you are in Dallas. That is not mud so you will be save. The weak points will show in time. I hope you are not operating on roads down there.

Watsonpreston

If it's not mud why don't you come try some of the bounty holes down here and make some money. I forgot you might break somthing. I don't dive on the road now till I get double splined shafts for the rear and lock out hubs but don't worry I don't plan to cross the Mason–Dixon line

Last edited:

Hainebd

U
My little Jeep playing on some rocks. Drove to texas. Wheeled for a weekend. Drove home.

mmm

One of Jersey trucks stuck some. After 30 some hours. A D10 and a Super wrecker poor truck was extracted in two pieces. Rear axle was left in mud and removed seperately. Not the plan. Yes they are 53" tires. Truck ran. Just could not get traction. Jacking impossible. My deuce was down at the time and no way was I hooking my dodge to it. Tow, fines, repairs $$$$. Experience, Priceless!

this is why I hate jersey mud. It grabs you and the more you struggle the deeper you go. Plus I hate doing seals and bearings.

Texas as mud is for wimps. My son who lives down there even says so. You want real mud, come to New Jersey or PA and play. Just bring the pink slip so you can sell it and fly home when your truck breaks.

welldigger

Easy guys. This isn't about whose appendage is bigger. Let's just help the op get his truck back on the road. (Or in the mud, whichever)

Hainebd

Sorry. I love Texas. Plan on living there soon. House purchase fell through last year so we will try again. I am tired of this New Jersey. Epically the mud. Move to Texas where it is warm and dry.

Hainebd

Think about putting am automatic in your truck. It is easier on driveline and you get more low end torque. Since you are off road a double t-case would help too.

Watsonpreston

Got a new tranny Belived to be a non overdrive no tag. The output shaft was what snaped but it looks like it had like a air pocket in the middle of the shaft and it was snaped very clean. Old tranny is aready dropped new one is under truck and hanging in the air ready to be stabbed they are some heavy sob!!

Attachments

Watsonpreston

Since last post light bar, Waterloo power steering, 8 inch rear lift, driver and passenger springer seats, 30 inch chopped off the rear. Needing to order the black water fab front 8 inch lift any opinions of it and need to install my 15,000 warn winch under the bed in the rear

chestypuller1371

Just installed new 395/85r20 with new 13.00 r20 tubes. I used the stock rims. I had a shop that does semi trucks and equipment they had no trouble at all doing them.
I left the tire shop and only made it 19 miles on the highway and it started pulling hard left before I could stop and check it the front passenger tire blow out yanking me all over the road at 60 mph

can you guys come up with arrason why this happened?
where did you get your tubes at and how much did they cost? hows that setup holding up?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks