• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new Baby

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
New to the site here is my girl
Welcome to the outfit!
Looks like you have lots of wide open spaces to "go play truck"!

As a new member, be sure to go to the Technical Manual section and download the TM's.

Those are really handy when you need to know what wire does what and how to cover all the grease fittings, oil and filter information.
The list goes on and on. SEARCH in the TM's are your friend. Figuring out the terms takes a bit, but well worth your time!

Dino68

Welcome to the outfit!
Looks like you have lots of wide open spaces to "go play truck"!

As a new member, be sure to go to the Technical Manual section and download the TM's.

Those are really handy when you need to know what wire does what and how to cover all the grease fittings, oil and filter information.
The list goes on and on. SEARCH in the TM's are your friend. Figuring out the terms takes a bit, but well worth your time!
Thank you I really appreciate it

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Dino68. Welcome to the site. You will find a lot of information and helpful, friendly folks here. You have a nice looking truck there. I'm curious, did you have any issues getting it titled? Some states (like Michigan) make it almost impossible.

Dino68

Hi Dino68. Welcome to the site. You will find a lot of information and helpful, friendly folks here. You have a nice looking truck there. I'm curious, did you have any issues getting it titled? Some states (like Michigan) make it almost impossible.
Hi Bill
Thank you titling in Arizone was a breeze took in thr SF document and got a tile in and out in 10 minutes

Phoenix77

I have a 1986 AM General M998. I did initial fluid replacement (oil change, coolant flush, transmission fluid, changed fuel filter), installed two (2) new batteries, then the only other issue with the truck was what I surmised to be clogs in the fuel lines.

I had the tank pulled by a local shop and they cleaned it out and flushed the fuel lines. They said the mesh "trap" for foreign objects was COMPLETELY full of mess, and there was water etc in the tank. $400

After that, changing glow plugs a few months ago, and putting a few tanks of fuel through it with injector cleaning additive, it's running GREAT; significantly quicker than before.

Oh, and I replaced the rear diff, but I attribute that to being driven on base on high traction surfaces in HL it's entire life.

Do your due diligence initially and expect some frustration, but disregard the "1 hr drive, 2 hour maintenance" comment; these aren't boats.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks