• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My "new" deuce, '71 Jeep M109a3

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should be DOT 5 unless flushed and changed after service. That will cause the fluid to gel supposedly. Make sure you flush the system real good if you suspect DOT 3 was used, might be a good time to convert to DOT 3 it's sure alot cheaper.
Thanks, has 3 in it now, planning on a flush and fill with 5 after repairs. I figure it is cheap considering the single circuit system and what can happen with a single leak.

BAZYRKYR

Should be DOT 5 unless flushed and changed after service. That will cause the fluid to gel supposedly. Make sure you flush the system real good if you suspect DOT 3 was used, might be a good time to convert to DOT 3 it's sure alot cheaper.
What do you need to do to convert to DOT 3....just flush the system and pour in the new DOT 3 fluid?

saddamsnightmare

October 2nd, 2013.

Quadjeeper:

I don't know too much about Florida laws, but I would sincerely question your driving home a truck that weights in excess of 13,000 LBs Tare with no brakes. It has been said on here before, gents, all it takes is one good accident and you will either see your trucks reclassified, recalled and scrapped, or much stricter regulations imposed for inspections at purchase and movement.
I hate to bust your bubbles, folks, but I would hope that either a Highway Patrol or a DOT inspector gets to inspect these trucks the minute they go out of the gate. If you can't prove it passes inspection, it should have been commercially trailered home. You only have this hobby by the grace that we have not had some idiot kill innocent people with one of these vehicles in unsafe conditions of operation. I doubt if you seriously did the pre operation inspection or you wouldn't have driven the truck home. My hope is by now that you have the truck in compliance, because some lawyer is going to eat your lunch should you get into a wreck with the truck not in compliance. I will bet our insurance companies will not back or pay for damages or deaths we cause by our negligence.
This is another instance on this site of the cowboy mentality, yet if any of our family members were injured or killed by a civilian truck driver doing something like this, I would bet the fur would fly. Now is the time to begin policing ourselves, before someone else does it for us.:evil: This may aggravate the ones doing this, but gents, you DO know what the results will be of a well publicized accident. We should know better and do better then to permit such behavior on here.

In addition to the TM -20,-20,-24P and the Pre Trip Inspection for these trucks can be found here under the Technical Manual section, or I can send you the Pre-Trip electronically. Read them, know them and live them!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks