• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new hobby: Wood military vehicles

goldneagle

Here are more models I have finished:

Attachments

goldneagle

More models: I still have to paint the M1070 and trailer.

Attachments

goldneagle

@goldneagle How much for a Deuce? I’d love to own a piece of your artwork!
Thank you for the compliment. Right now i am not building any for selling. Not sure it's cost effective since it takes me a week or more to build a model. That's 12 hours plus per day. They are approximately 16" to 21" long. I like the larger scale models. Here are a couple of non-military models I made out of hardwoods:

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I got into scroll sawing about a year ago. (My retirement hobby) Somewhere along the line i decided to build some model cars out of wood just to add some variety to my scrolling. I ran into some cool plans for military vehicles. View attachment 880167View attachment 880168View attachment 880169View attachment 880170View attachment 880171View attachment 880172
Wow!!

That is really nice work.
Great looking paint jobs too.

You definitely have skills! If you have the time, it really might be worth your time to see what it might cost to sell a few. There is a LOT of detail there... There are some folks who would really like to have a small version of their truck. Yeah, it wouldn't be cheap but this looks pretty spectacular to me.

goldneagle

Wow!!

That is really nice work.
Great looking paint jobs too.

You definitely have skills! If you have the time, it really might be worth your time to see what it might cost to sell a few. There is a LOT of detail there... There are some folks who would really like to have a small version of their truck. Yeah, it wouldn't be cheap but this looks pretty spectacular to me.
Thank you for the compliment. I really appreciate the feedback. You know they say anything is for sale at the right price. I'm thinking of doing an MRAP soon.

goldneagle

These are so cool. Always wanted to get into scroll work when my shop was still a woodshop and not full of metal working/ MV parts . Which saw are you using?

I made these for my kids years ago. I used my cheap craftsman scroll saw on several parts of these guns.

View attachment 880216
That's cool! I am using the DeWalt DW788 scroll saw. I am getting the top of the line saw tomorrow. It's a Pegas 21" scroll saw. Will be selling my DeWalt saw setup once I get the new saw set up.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks