• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New Humvee tachometer installed

erasedhammer

How did you install a light in the tachometer? I've been looking for a bulb and socket the right size but I can't find anything, at least for 24v.

erasedhammer

These tachs come with internal lighting and when hooked up to the vehicles instrument light circuit will dim with the gauges.
Ah yes I see that now. Only I have the tach harness that came with my kit and it does not include wires for the internal light, do I make my own harness or is there a harness that includes lights.
Also which pin numbers are the 24v lamp?

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The original Hmmwv tachs don't have lighting.
The dog house one has tape over the light hole.
The upper W/S one has no way to light it from the inside.
I have sockets available for the dog house type with buss bar mount.
Bulb is a CM1864...28v
DSC_000507.JPG

Jon0249

Looks great - I've been waffling on where to put mine. However, I can't get mine to work. Wiring is done properly, but no signal. The 2 wires from the yellow transducer feed the signal - does the order matter? I remember reading that either wire can be connected to either of the signal connections on the tach. Otherwise, perhaps a bad transducer? I'm stumped on this one.

Thx,
Jon

NormB

Looks great - I've been waffling on where to put mine. However, I can't get mine to work. Wiring is done properly, but no signal. The 2 wires from the yellow transducer feed the signal - does the order matter? I remember reading that either wire can be connected to either of the signal connections on the tach. Otherwise, perhaps a bad transducer? I'm stumped on this one.
Thx,
Jon
I had to replace the transducer (sender). When I pulled it, the "bump" on the shaft which engaged with the drive off the engine was corroded to where it wasn't even turning. Works great now.

You might want to pull yours and take a look.

I found on on ePay for about $22 delivered.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a pile of those yellow transducers.
Also some original tach systems.

mogger7

been look'n for a tach like the one at the top of this thread but haven't found one looked on e-bay and a few other places anyone have any ideas? bunch of cheat ones on e-bay but all from china
Mogger7

mogger7

try'n to hook up this tach I got and the transduser on the back of the block shows no voltage on either wire . what should I be look'n for
mogger7

mogger7

what are the chances that the transducer on the rear of the Humvee block is only used when the plug fwd of the transfer case shifter is connected to a shop diagnostic machine and uses the transducer for their rpm readings or rpm adjustment. maybe that's why ther is no power on the 2 wires if that's the case you could disconnect the plug at the transducer and supply 24 volts to one side and read the pulse on the other wire . just throwing that out there to see what you guys think . don't know what else the motor would need the transducer for
mogger7

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thatsounds easy enough but I only have one trigger wire on this tach plus keyed hot and ground and light so still stumped??
mogger7
Better post up a photo of connections on the back of the tach and let us know the year and model of the vehicle. Maybe we can help more that way. Does it look like this???

IMG_2768.jpg

mogger7

TN riverjet this tach has a plug on the back instead of separate terminals a hot lead a ground awire for red ellumination and a diff. wire if you want reg. light then another trigger wire but only that one trigger wire the unit is made for 12 or 24 volt made in japan or china . Not a bad lookn unit . if the transducer in the rear of the block is only used with the plug fwd of transfer case shifter (that's most likely why there is no power on it) I'm thinking of unplugging the transducer and sending power to one wire going to transducer and see if I can get the trigger signal out of the other wire coming out of the transducer. maybe that's why the hookup in this tach Thread has two mires one for power to transducer and one wire coming out with signal?????????????????????
mogger7