• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My "new" M185A3

ida34

That is right, but better kitchen cabinets will shut the wife up. Can't put a price on that. She is still upset at the M146 trailers. It will be a couple of weeks before I can move them around to get them out of the middle of the back yard.

TedG

Hi Chuck,

Funny you should mention the cabinets. They are the same as our kitchen...so my wife says. Now I always have a place to stay...just incase! BTW the plaque does not have a date stamped on it :(

I replace the blinker relay and two lamps plus changed the front axel oil with fresh since it was filled with crap. Front tires are next and of course all new oils and lube.

I took the M185A3 and my freind drove my hmmwv to the National VFW Home for their open house. Met some nice people including an AM General employee :shock: He said that he will find the date of the truck and perhaps its history...then he looked at the hmmwv :roll:

Enjoy the pictures.

Attachments

Armada

Congrats Ted! You got it! Glad you were able to work something out and add it to your motorpool. Looking forward to seeing it at Clare.

TedG

Thanks Paul! It is a nice truck but not as nice as your 5 ton tractor! I have been turning wrenches on it every night and I only have a few more pm things to do before I really drive it around. I'm definately going to take out the bench seat and put another spring seat in prior to Clare and I have a new GMA camo top coming as well.

ida34

Ty is really bugging me to buy some spring seats from you Ted. The ride up to get the trailers had his butt sore. If I can free some money up I till get with you.

Chuck

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
Rattlehead said:
Recovry4x4 said:
Wow, it's got the split brake system as well, thats just too cool.
How can you tell?
Maybe I'm blind, but I can't tell either. I've looked at the pics several times and don't see any two-chamber master cylinder. I don't know what the air packs look like or where they should be, so I can't tell by that. Enlighten us, please??

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has the "Brake" light in the center of the gauge panel. I suppose it's possible that someone swapped in a late model gauge panel but thus far, not seen that.

TedG

Here are the pictures under the truck of the 2 air boosters and the master cylinder. Sorry for the quality but it was early morning and I was laying on gravel in work clothes!

I put new front tires on, replaced drivers windshield frame and glass and changed tranny oil! Next is t-case and passenger side frame w/glass and cooling system.

Regards,

Attachments

TedG

Thanks Lane. I learned to check them from the WC's and M37's. Seems they do get passed over from time to time. Since other fellow MI mv people "can't wait" to see, I better have it cleaned underneath and polished on top! lol!

One other thing...found a bolt in the pto as a shear pin!!! Winch operates so I guess I am lucky! So now I am looking for some of them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks