• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My "new" M931A1 project truck.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I got a call from Tommy today with some good news. He has tracked down all of the parts that we needed to finish the truck. He's got a set of rear splash guards coming to replace the bents ones as well as a good driver's side fuel tank to replace the bent one. He's also getting ready to install new gauges to replace the foggy ones. He drove the truck into his shop so he can stay out of the pouring rain. They got around 5 inches there the other day. He tells me it should be all back together in another couple of weeks. I can't wait to get it finished.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I got a call from Tommy this week. He has received the last of the parts for the truck and will have it finished for me by next week. He got held up a couple of weeks because the left fuel tank was hard to source. There were a couple of guys in FL that had them, but they were holding onto them for scrap since they are made of stainless steel.

He is going to have updated pics for me on Monday. I can't wait to see it finished.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The project is finally winding down!! There are a few finishing touches to be done, but it is looking really good now. Here are some fresh pics for you guys!! I should have some engine and interior shots next week.

Final price: $13,000 ready to rock and roll. Tommy can sandblast and respray it for an additional $1500.

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
More pics from Tommy. It's really looking good now. He says it will be done by Saturday. I am stoked. He has to install a good bumper, a couple pieces of window glass, a couple of lights and a switch or two. Phew, what a project!

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, Chris, don't tempt me! I hope someone jumps on that truck! That truck is a great buy. I'd be all on it if I did not have so many pokers in the fire right now. Just got another today...I'll leave everyone in suspense!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Bruce, you should buy it. All it needs is paint. That would be a nice change for you. Besides, with Tommy, you know it's all done right.

I know a little about have too many irons in the fire though! :-D

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
More pics!! The unofficial hood prop on the passenger tire is there because Tommy was swapping out the bumper when he took the pics :) He took it for about a 5 mile test drive today and it shifted smooth, had good power, and stopped great.

The really exciting news is that the truck will have a new home soon. One of our fellow SS members will be taking delivery of it after Tommy has sand blasted it and applied some fresh 3-color camo. I'll be sure to post some pics once it's done. I'll let the new owner announce the homecoming in their own post.

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gillespie makes a good paint. The CARC is cool because it is authentic and for that reason I often use it, but, as a paint covering, it is probably not the greatest. It fades fairly quickly and is easy to scuff. Don't get me wrong...I like the CARC...but Gillespie is good, too.

roders

M931A1 splash Gaurds

I got a call from Tommy today with some good news. He has tracked down all of the parts that we needed to finish the truck. He's got a set of rear splash guards coming to replace the bents ones as well as a good driver's side fuel tank to replace the bent one. He's also getting ready to install new gauges to replace the foggy ones. He drove the truck into his shop so he can stay out of the pouring rain. They got around 5 inches there the other day. He tells me it should be all back together in another couple of weeks. I can't wait to get it finished.
Chris Hi,

I am looking for rear splash gaurds ( behind Fuel Tanks) with all the Brakets
to attach to Chasse, could you give info on dealer who stocks them please
or part numbers for items required, lookforward to hearing from you soon,
Roders.