• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Resto Mod deuce build

M-1028

Looking good! I like the rifle mount and seats. What kind of sweep range do you get with the rifle mount with the exhaust stack being right there? Seems like you'd only be able to aim to the front right of the truck and back.
If in the cab you can only aim front right, on the step the barrel can be aimed more towards the front of the truck. This is version 2.0, improvements could be made.

Last edited:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK OK I will have to just say it, YOU are doing this truck the correct way rebuilding the front diff. can never hurt as far as the hood oh well brain fart. You seem to be putting some good thought into how and what you want from this truck in the end I admit I am somewhat of a SNOB when it comes to altering an already PERFECT IN EVERY WAY TRUCK such as a Deuce and good lord BOBBING it, Elvis is turning over in his grave! You have given me a little perspective on this, I think most of MY problem is that I see so many HACK/BUTCHER patch together BOB jobs that do nothing more than destroy a decent truck! You are doing the Deuce some justice by actually making it into what your want without disgracing the truck and its heritage in the process! Keep the pics coming and I am confidant you will have a beautiful truck when completed!
KK

welldigger

Its one of the BEST things you can do for the deuce!
My seats aren't the way cool seats that m-1028 used. Just some n.o.s hmmwv seats and a A3 drivers seat base. Turns out hmmwv seats are a direct replacement for a3 drivers seats. Anyways my truck is equipped with the super luxurious box seat with worn out cushion. I certainly can't do much worse!

M-1028, this is gonna be an awesome truck! Doing a frame off build may not have been your original plan but the end result will be so much nicer. Keep up the good work!!!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Mine aren't even military. My first 6x6 was a m109. It was owned by a bar before I bought it. The bar used the 109 to tailgating events, so they had a bunch of charter bus seats in it. I puled them out and mounted them to some springer seat bases and have been VERY happy to have them. Maybe one day I will cover them with some shelter halfs so they are at least green.

Attachments

M-1028

OK OK I will have to just say it, YOU are doing this truck the correct way rebuilding the front diff. can never hurt as far as the hood oh well brain fart. You seem to be putting some good thought into how and what you want from this truck in the end I admit I am somewhat of a SNOB when it comes to altering an already PERFECT IN EVERY WAY TRUCK such as a Deuce and good lord BOBBING it, Elvis is turning over in his grave! You have given me a little perspective on this, I think most of MY problem is that I see so many HACK/BUTCHER patch together BOB jobs that do nothing more than destroy a decent truck! You are doing the Deuce some justice by actually making it into what your want without disgracing the truck and its heritage in the process! Keep the pics coming and I am confidant you will have a beautiful truck when completed!
KK
I really appreciate it, taking my time and making the truck better and more useful for my needs was the goal. Still a lot of work left but at least it's a running driving truck.

M-1028

My seats aren't the way cool seats that m-1028 used. Just some n.o.s hmmwv seats and a A3 drivers seat base. Turns out hmmwv seats are a direct replacement for a3 drivers seats. Anyways my truck is equipped with the super luxurious box seat with worn out cushion. I certainly can't do much worse!

M-1028, this is gonna be an awesome truck! Doing a frame off build may not have been your original plan but the end result will be so much nicer. Keep up the good work!!!
Thanks! Any seat in my opinion is better than the stock seats, get them suckers installed, your back will thank you.

welldigger

Thanks! Any seat in my opinion is better than the stock seats, get them suckers installed, your back will thank you.
Between work and weather I do what I can. But yes, new seats are the next project. I hunted forever for an a3 drivers seat base. Not easy to find as it turned out. At least at a reasonable price. I wanted the a3 base because it was a bolt in fit and I hate the a2 springer base.

I like how the seats you used give you so much room underneath them. The deuce cab is not exactly spacious and having a place to mount storage boxes or other things under the seat is very appealing. They also flip Up for easy access to whatever you stick under there. Very nice.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have heard of guys having issues with non-copper lines coming off the air compressor, you might want to keep an eye on that line for a little while. I like the "boot guard" in the last pic!

M-1028

I have heard of guys having issues with non-copper lines coming off the air compressor, you might want to keep an eye on that line for a little while. I like the "boot guard" in the last pic!
What kind of issue's? I figured the copper would be more of a problem due to it being so rigid. Thanks!

welldigger

Use either copper or stainless steel braid ptfe lined air hose for the first 3 feet or so directly out of the compressor. The heat from the air will eventually destroy hydraulic hose.