• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Wife Caught me Staring... At the Deuce..

m816

I have been staring at my toys ever since I got my first deuce. Just standing on the porch staring at it in the yard. I couldn't believe I would ever see something so beautiful in my own yard. Let alone actually own it. Now my collection has grown to five tons and more of them. Life as we know it is good. OD fever struck and landed hard on me and now my wife has it as well. We have M151a2 s M35a2 M54a2's (3) and M816 plus a couple trailers and oth:beer:er green things.

Recy Mech

Great (humorous) Read

Firstly, I'll add my compliments DeucesWild11 to a great looking Deuce, actually to all who posted........**** I'm jealous :cry:

I enjoyed the read.....strange breed of cattle our wives/girlfriends....just don't get it.

plym49

Guilty. My old lady always comments that she catches me looking at other trucks (but never at other women).

I, too, stare at my Deuce, and it is just a ratty POD (plain 'ol deuce). Yours is really, really nice.

I also stare at my Jeep and my trailer and my genset and.......................................

I guess there is no accounting for taste.

SMOKEWAGON66

I started parking mine out of line of sight from the house (but still under the watchfull eyes of the camera) just so i wouldnt walk past a window and stare LOL. Now if I could just get all my guns out of sight, Id stop staring at them too :razz:

mudman

So I just finished straightening out my tie rod. Was bent and took the advise on another thread to turn the bend down and jack it up with a bottle jack. It worked great, the tires were out 3/4" now down to less than 1/8".

Anyway, I was out in front looking at how the tires lined up now and the wifey sticks her head out and says "staring at the truck again". :shock: Guess I did it before..:oops: She shut the window before I could explain the tie rod.. Oh well I do stare at it allot I admit it.. What's not to stare at.. Some people go to Museums and look at art.. I go to the driveway..

Anyone else get caught staring?
Yep...It's a bad sign..You better start staring at hea a little more...Or maybe no dinner for you ..My first was crazy about that....God I miss her !!!

DeucesWild11

Wow, this turned out to be a fun thread, thank you all for adding your own experiences/comments and thank you for commenting on how good mine looks. :oops: I only had her since November and plan on doing a really good paint/rust overhaul. Still got in my head a Gloss Black/Flat Black camo pattern, subtle yet different and just what I want.. Not sure yet if what looks good in my head will actually work out but we'll see. I'll post a new thread if I bring myself to do it..

Can't believe this thread made it across "the pond" and further "aussie"! That's awesome! Looks like I got the "fever" as I recently picked up an M105 trailer from the same guy I bought my deuce from. All good things.. I wish you all the best and keep "Staring" :shock::shock::shock:

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a tendency to stand back and stare while visually redesigning and re-engineering everything I do. Not only with my 5-Ton, but with my model railroading also. My wife thinks I am just wasting time.

I took a picture of my truck from my living room window so I can stare at the handsomeness when its in storage.

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
After the addiction struck me my ex-wife came out the the shop (now the worlds largest lawn mower shed) and started reaming me about spending money on the trucks (this was right after we changed out three rooms of four year old carpet and bought new funiture).

She: "You need to get another hobby....this one is looney".

Me: "How about drinking and whoring.....would that work for your?"

There is a reason divorce is so expensive......it's worth it.:roll:

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After the addiction struck me my ex-wife came out the the shop (now the worlds largest lawn mower shed) and started reaming me about spending money on the trucks (this was right after we changed out three rooms of four year old carpet and bought new funiture).

She: "You need to get another hobby....this one is looney".

Me: "How about drinking and whoring.....would that work for your?"

There is a reason divorce is so expensive......it's worth it.:roll:

My wife rarely, if ever, busts my chops about my hobbies. But, when she does I pretty much toss out the same response..."How 'bout I go to the nudie bar, watch football all day and drink beer..." Usually shuts that conversation down.

DeucesWild11

Werckerman, love it.. That's why I am currently building a new kitchen.. the Deuce and the M105.. wonder what I can get when I re-do the porch and the sunroom. She'll probably call that all ONE project. As i will call the Deuce and the 105 all ONE project.. ha ha..

PS: I follow your "Rules of the Road"...

Recy Mech

Werckerman, love it.. That's why I am currently building a new kitchen.. the Deuce and the M105.. wonder what I can get when I re-do the porch and the sunroom. She'll probably call that all ONE project. As i will call the Deuce and the 105 all ONE project.. ha ha..

PS: I follow your "Rules of the Road"...
My rat cunning plan involves complying with the missus (next 12 months) of every one of her whims/desires/buying spree's so when I play the 'Deuce' card sure she'll scream and carry-on even with the sweetner deal of taking her to America. No doubt there'll be a lot of 'all vision and no sound' but I'll get my toy :lol:

DeucesWild11

My rat cunning plan involves complying with the missus (next 12 months) of every one of her whims/desires/buying spree's so when I play the 'Deuce' card sure she'll scream and carry-on even with the sweetner deal of taking her to America. No doubt there'll be a lot of 'all vision and no sound' but I'll get my toy :lol:
Make sure you document all the whims/desires/buying spree's, she'll forget quickly, I would write them all down and present. Keep one big one for last so you have a card to play..:) Good luck!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just noticed the hood scoops on the hood, Can you take a few pictures of the hood up and down. Thats cool, never saw that before.:beer:

DeucesWild11

Islandguydon, Of course, got some here somewhere.. don't have a closeup though.. Had originally bought them for my Chevy k1500 but sold it.. found them and they were the perfect color flat black! Thought it would look cool so stuck them on. May do some light bondo around them so they look built in..

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks