• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mystery trailer??

Crash_AF

I would recommend using the pintle, not the clevis as the towing capacity of the pintle is much higher than the clevis... :-D

And yes, it is an M200 that is missing the fenders. They typically mounted 30 and 60kw generators to them.

The cake is a lie...

Later,
Joe

mckeeranger

And yes, it is an M200 that is missing the fenders. They typically mounted 30 and 60kw generators to them.
I've also seen an M200 with a big diesel water pump on it. I wish I had pictures of it, but it was years ago and I didn't think any thing of it at the time.

I don't know if it was build that way, or if it was something added. You know how the military will sometimes build what they need.

TaylorTradingCo

M200A1 trailers

I just picked up three of those M200A1's last week and should be getting another one in this week if anybody needs one.

I was thinking of getting one of those shelter things that goes in the back of CUCV's or Hummers and seeing if it will fit. It is sort of like a camper top that goes in the back of a pick-up, only military. Does anyone know if it will fit and has it been done before. I would love to see a picture of it.

Derek Taylor

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Derek,
Those shelters are generally S-250's and they have a low ceiling. I have one, and it's barely 6 ft, 3 inches front to back and only about 5 foot, four or five inches high inside, unlike the shop van or S-280 shelter. It will easily fit on the 200 trailer with room to carry a small generator and a dirt bike.

tm america

yep m200 i have seen them converted to dollies and have seen s250 shelters on them. the possibilties are endless .i would make a converter dollie out of it if i had one

moleary

I would recommend using the pintle, not the clevis as the towing capacity of the pintle is much higher than the clevis... :-D
Still not right, the "Lunette eye" hooks to the "pintle" mounted to the tow vehicle.
Well you guys can use whatever you want to pull a trailer - but unless you've met my cousin clevis I don't really know how you can judge his towing capacity. I just give him some french fried potaters with mustard and he's good to go... no diesel required.

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jet Ske trailer?? Would have to be one serious ramp for launching, you'd have to back a long way in to get water deep enough. Might want to use a fording equipped vehicle eh.....