• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Name this Trailer ?

NV555

IMG951138.jpgIMG_6658.jpg

I'm looking for a trailer to buy for my M998 pick up at Yermo. I have a Ram 2500 W/6.7 Cummins. This trailer should be able to do the trick it is a 14x8. I doub't my truck would have any issues pulling the trailer with the M998.

Question is;

What Nomenclature is this trailer?
What do you think a fair market value would be. It is titled in Nevada.
Will a M998 fit? Looks like it will but wanted to ask :)

Thank you for your help and support.

NV555

Well by the wheels yes, however the tow pintle and lighting looks 24v. most of the time Mil trailer to civ truck, odd Mil truck to Civ trailer?

Well lot's of really sharp people here and I'm sure someone knows. I'm going over in the morning to check it out.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How wide is the M998? How wide is it between the fenders of that trailer? Sometimes the fenders are so tall, you can't open the doors of the vehicle.

NV555

It is listed at 7.2 and 15 feet long. I'm not in a huge rush as I have some time as I wait for the 97 to clear. I would rather get a low end trailer that works and buy a 2nd M998 or something (????) than 5K into a new trailer that I'm prob going to use 6 times a year

Thank you so far for the feed back

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's more than likely modified. The military would have no reason for a trailer like this as a *standard* item. If we tow it, it's either towed by a wrecker or put onto a heavier style trailer to be hauled. It could be a COTS trailer, but not a normal item.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I had to guess it was a special purpose trailer for a specific use. The deck sections look real wide maybe for a piece of equipment, bobcat etc. I have seen some civy looking units sold on GL and GP that were "militarized" with no model number. Check to see if has a data plate for size and weight. It will be tricky if does not to title if he does not have one. Could go the homebuilt route.

Kind of also reminds me of the old national rental trailer green?

TsgtB

Looks like a standard Uhaul rental to me... I tried to rent one to move a small tractor and it wouldn't clear the open floor runners.
I suspect it was modified by someone to support their MV hobby.

quickfarms

The trailer plug looks like it is civilian. If the lights are in fact 24 volt, some early diesel trucks were 24 volt.

Most commercial trucks use the Lunette to tow.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I, CARNAC, do hereby name thee Tim.

There; you're trailers name is Tim. Anything else we can do, just let us know.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I, CARNAC, do hereby name thee Tim.

There; you're trailers name is Tim. Anything else we can do, just let us know.
Darn it! I was gonna name it Herbie.. You beat me to it.

I too thought about playing the name game, but bit my tongue.

Now that y'al have started, I simply cannot remain silent.....

Some suggestions:

Taylor the Trailer
- OR -
Omega (the end)

SLOrazorsedge

Those are 2,500# axles under it. So you'll have a max GVWR of 5,000 pounds. Your M998 unladen curb weight is 7,700 pounds. Could be an exciting ride from Barstow to Vegas. It will be so grossly overweight and a attractive vehicle combination it surely will grab the attention of your friendly CHP commercial officer. Do yourself a favor and rent a 10,000 pound GVWR equipment trailer.

Retired CA LEO/MRE

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks