• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need a plan in Ohio (Westy)

Westech

CPL
I am making a post because text and Email is hard to do here and to talk to all partys needed at the same time.

Here it goes from the very start:

I have a M915A1 at SW's place.
M871 semi trailer at Stretch's.
Spedmon has a trailer that I am buying from him.
I need to get all parts to SW's ( or if there is a better spot) and load the little lube trailer on the flat bed trailer.
I will be coming in to Ohio on a date in OCT 2012.
Is there a way we can get everything moved to the same place.
Also I need a pick up from the airport(Blue Oyster Bar, next to the Capitan's Club) in the morning in Cincinnati.

I know I am one needy person.

thank you all for doing so much already. its kinda hard to get stuff planed over here sometime ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you get me the plates I'm going to go get the trailer at Stretch's and bring it to my place. that will most likely be the first week in Oct BEFORE you fly back to the states.

You're pretty freakin needy aren't you?

I had even thought about you buying fuel and I'll drive your truck and trailer part way down and meet you for the rally....but noooo, you keep changing dates and times.

I wonder how much I can get for a melted 915?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get me plates and get Special Ed's trailer closer. :)

But where the heck are you flying into?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you go to ATL it's only 510 miles, that's a little past CVG which is about 70 from my place.

If we have a dock of sorts at the rally I could just pull my Dodge and 101 onto the 871 and bring it. Everything is flexible until it isn't. :)

The only downside is with no weight on that truck it will beat you to death on the highway. Whatever happens I only have one favor and it involves transporting something back up north.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SW... if you can do that its fine with me! I just need to get all my stuff together. I will pay for the fuel down if you can do it.
Because I love messing with Rich, note the red highlighted sentence. It really sounds like "All y'all just need to get all my stuff together". Just sayin!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The trailer helps A LOT, even if it is empty

Steve, I will have my ramps we can get your dodge off with them.

"F" that! Steve, you just need to back the trailer and truck onto the flat deck. Then once we are at the rally, we can unload the mighty mighty Dodge "Duke's of Hazard" style. Power brake it till you hit 88mph, then launch that b!tch off the trailer!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFT7hNhop7w[/media]

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tie one end of the dodge to a pine tree, and just drive out from under it.............I am sure you can find a dirt pile and a set of ramps at the Ga rally. If ya have to, you can go from the 871 trl to Ferro's trl, then to the ground,

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Someone also needs to be picked up at Hartsfield Airport in Atlanta.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could they both fly in on the same day at least? I'll go get them in the wrecker! ;)

The cab stands 4, and plenty of room for luggage on the wrecker bed, just wrap it in plastic to keep the oil off.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While I would never back out on getting the truck down there a lot of moons have to align to make this happen.

Since I have already had the melted down 915 in the shop and the burning bush brakes fixed they are in great shape. It had a complete DOT inspection and lube job along with all the filters changed (except air) including transmission. Oil changed.

I can tell you driving it now is a lot nicer than the recovery.

The trailer that bothers me is that little one at Special Ed's place. I'm still waiting for plates for the 871 and truck and I heard that Ferro was sending me a trailer light cable. Really?

While I like the idea of unloading Dukes style I don't know how the doors would hold up driving that fast. You people know how bad I am with those things.

Maybe I can convoy the truck with JW4x4's 931 depending on when he leaves.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Careful now, Kip is building himself a cannon! He insists its going to be a "pumpkin chunkin" cannon, but I think he just wants to launch himself into the pond at Haspin!
Like this...

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks