• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need advice with parasitic battery drain

Tanaga

I thought you said you checked the alternator ? If it is the alternator it is probably the diode pack. The diodes go bad and allow a "back flow" of current. Very common problem with GM alternators.

Well i I thought I did but I may have had my multimeter on the wrong setting. Figuring out how to use that is half the battle.

redline300

I thought you said you checked the alternator ? If it is the alternator it is probably the diode pack. The diodes go bad and allow a "back flow" of current. Very common problem with GM alternators.
What is the normal amp draw on an M1009? I had a parasitic draw. Found it to be the Alternator wires not being connected fully. Since fixing that issue....what is the normal amp draw supposed to be at?

rustystud

What is the normal amp draw on an M1009? I had a parasitic draw. Found it to be the Alternator wires not being connected fully. Since fixing that issue....what is the normal amp draw supposed to be at?
If you have a working radio, then the amp draw should be around 0.03amps to 0.05amps . Any more and your loosing power from something, usually the alternator diodes.