• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Antenna advice

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was doing a monthly inspection on my PEWS system and broke the male end off the antenna socket in the main unit. I still have the hard wire version functioning but will need the wireless version up and running.

I will need to repair this but I'm not sure were to find replacement parts. The part seems to be bedded in an epoxy that I can drill out but I need new parts.

Please advise,

Bert

Attachments

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a picture of the area on the receiver that the pin broke off from. I also highlighted the area on the rubber antenna that this pin goes into.

Both are the left side of the picture, sorry I couldn't make the lines wider.

Bert

Attachments

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think it's a SMA connector but I could be wrong.

I measure .306" major thread dia and it looks like 32 TPI with the thread gauge.

I have several PNs off the antenna pkg.
FSCM 63747
MFR P/N 8582283J01
DLA900-88-M-AE02
Manufactured 8/88
5985-00-378-0156

Bert

Irv

It's a simple bolt thread. It is not anything that you'd find at an "antenna store". The antenna itself is a rubber ducky, which is not very good to start with. I'd just find a bolt to screw in there, drill it to accept a 19" long piece of piano wire or welding rod (diameter is irrelevant) and put a plastic ball on the top. The actual military antenna was designed more for robustness than performance. Irv

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Irv,

A standard bolt is either 5/16" 18 TPI or 24 TPI. The antenna that I have is fine and worked great until the little pin broke off in the receiver.

mistaken1,

I have to agree that the HT or KR on the Comtelco site show some promise if I can find a chassis side / female end to make the repair.

I will also try to contact Brooke Clark, the web pages haven't been updated for 8 years.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

Bert

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks