• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Antenna advice

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was doing a monthly inspection on my PEWS system and broke the male end off the antenna socket in the main unit. I still have the hard wire version functioning but will need the wireless version up and running.

I will need to repair this but I'm not sure were to find replacement parts. The part seems to be bedded in an epoxy that I can drill out but I need new parts.

Please advise,

Bert

Attachments

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a picture of the area on the receiver that the pin broke off from. I also highlighted the area on the rubber antenna that this pin goes into.

Both are the left side of the picture, sorry I couldn't make the lines wider.

Bert

Attachments

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think it's a SMA connector but I could be wrong.

I measure .306" major thread dia and it looks like 32 TPI with the thread gauge.

I have several PNs off the antenna pkg.
FSCM 63747
MFR P/N 8582283J01
DLA900-88-M-AE02
Manufactured 8/88
5985-00-378-0156

Bert

Irv

It's a simple bolt thread. It is not anything that you'd find at an "antenna store". The antenna itself is a rubber ducky, which is not very good to start with. I'd just find a bolt to screw in there, drill it to accept a 19" long piece of piano wire or welding rod (diameter is irrelevant) and put a plastic ball on the top. The actual military antenna was designed more for robustness than performance. Irv

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Irv,

A standard bolt is either 5/16" 18 TPI or 24 TPI. The antenna that I have is fine and worked great until the little pin broke off in the receiver.

mistaken1,

I have to agree that the HT or KR on the Comtelco site show some promise if I can find a chassis side / female end to make the repair.

I will also try to contact Brooke Clark, the web pages haven't been updated for 8 years.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

Bert