• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need bolt size and length for NHC250 oil filter conversion kit.

goldneagle

I purchased the oil filter converter listed for the Cummins NHC250 engine. The kit had everything except the center mounting bolt. The instructions say it could be a 4", 4-1/2", 5", 5-1/2" , or 6" depending on the engine.

I was wondering if someone that installed it already know the proper bolt size.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder if you have to try different bolts with the adapter to see which one fits correctly for the one you have. If the instructions say that it could be different sizes then that means there are different 250 engines (at least with regards to the filter).

goldneagle

I wonder if you have to try different bolts with the adapter to see which one fits correctly for the one you have. If the instructions say that it could be different sizes then that means there are different 250 engines (at least with regards to the filter).
Actually there is no NHC250 engine listed in the instructions. These adapters fit different engines that use a large canister filter. I think that is why they don't include the bolt.

I was just trying to save from buying 5 different 5/8" bolts for the adapter and testing each one. i am assuming that (since the adapter is listed in the forum as a part for the NHC250 engine on the spreadsheet) some members have upgraded to it. :grd:

indy4x4fab

Banned
We ran in to this problem with a buddies m923 I think we end up using a 5'' grade 8 bolt and put a half inch of small diameter flat washers on it to make it a 4.5'' bolt, cost was like 3 dollars from T.S.C.

Last edited:

goldneagle

We ran in to this problem with a buddies m923 I think we end up using a 5'' grade 8 bolt and put a half inch of small diameter flat washers on it to make it a 4.5'' bolt, cost was like 3 dollars from T.S.C.
I appreciate the info. I will get a 4-1/2" bolt and a 5" bolt just in case.

I would be concerned with having a stack of washers on there. More chance the bolt could come loose from vibration.

indy4x4fab

Banned
I appreciate the info. I will get a 4-1/2" bolt and a 5" bolt just in case.

I would be concerned with having a stack of washers on there. More chance the bolt could come loose from vibration.
not if you use brake parts cleaner and remove the oil from the surface of threads then lock tight it in.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can never have too many bolts around of the Grade 8 variety. I would get one from Fastenal in each length.

:)

seano11

Maybe you just got a part's guy that didn't bother asking you which one you wanted? I went to both cummins and napa. Both had the 2 different one's but cummins was cheaper

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about posting the napa and cummins numbers, to make this thread even more helpful to others.

goldneagle

How about posting the napa and cummins numbers, to make this thread even more helpful to others.
From the spreadsheet on this site:

NHC250 Spin on oil Conversion NAPA FIL 4067 WIX 24067 FleetGuard 300923S

On the top of the box: (NAPA) 524067 Instructions say: WIX 24067 KIT

Asking for 5/8" -18 UNF -2A Grade 5 bolts

Draco-87

From the spreadsheet on this site:

NHC250 Spin on oil Conversion NAPA FIL 4067 WIX 24067 FleetGuard 300923S

On the top of the box: (NAPA) 524067 Instructions say: WIX 24067 KIT

Asking for 5/8" -18 UNF -2A Grade 5 bolts
I just received the fleetguard oil filter adaptor for my 923, but the # on it is 3300922S. Is this the wrong one? and could it be for the 800 series?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I stock and sell the Baldwin kit. It fits all NHC 250s and has the correct bolt included. Also includes a Fleetguard LF670 filter.

Check the classifieds
JC