• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help deciphering what exactly my truck is

DavidWymore

You can add an air horn and solenoid easily enough. The stock ones are high pitched though. Older 5 tons, 800 series sound better IMO. I'd like to have a working electric horn for my A1. I've never heard one.

Search up my posts on M35A1s and you'll find indicators like windshield washer knob size (larger is older=A1), stomp button for starter hole in front of brake pedal, etc.

DavidWymore

Post a pic of front engine crossmember.

Hood handle and gussets on the horizontal C hooks on the bottom center of the bed rails are USMC indicators.

Well, with bikeman's search, it's really a 1967 Kaiser Jeep M35A2C last assigned to Letterkenny Army Depot.
Will post pic in a min. Has a hood handle, and has meaty gussets on the C hooks. That's really cool if this was USMC

DavidWymore

That is an early style front crossmember, my A1 is like that. A1s are early to mid 60s. I'm not sure when they changed, but most A2's have a channel laying horizontal instead of that vertical square tube. Flat channel is weaker and bend and break sometimes.

rustystud

That is an early style front crossmember, my A1 is like that. A1s are early to mid 60s. I'm not sure when they changed, but most A2's have a channel laying horizontal instead of that vertical square tube. Flat channel is weaker and bend and break sometimes.
That's why there was a modification to them in the monthly "PS magazine" .

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Highly suggest going to the TM section on this website and download the technical manuals for the truck. It will explain a lot of what you need to know and will also keep you out of the sh1te on those questions you don't know to even ask. Download a copy and place it next to the toilet so you can mentally upload while you physically download.