• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help!! Found the leak!!

yamabro

A friend of mine has got a leak in the front end hopefully his wont be the third one with the same problem. Good luck with the fix

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to put a damper on your professors info. Hope it doesn't dampen your eyes.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
this has been the week for wheel bearings and balancers apparently. Lord knows what it will be next week.

RIDDLE1

A friend of mine has got a leak in the front end hopefully his wont be the third one with the same problem. Good luck with the fix
Hopefully not!! If it is though it is really not to bad to fix. Just takes some time to get everything disassembled.

F18hornetM

The 361 series TM calls it,

5 PBFZZ 19207 10935278 PULLEY AND DAMPENER

I was so sure you would quote the TM I didn't even look up what the TM called it. Just waited!! :) thanks

It would seem to me that Harmonic balancer and vibration dampener would mean about the same thing. But was wondering what the TM called it.
At work we actually use both names for the same part. Is strange 2 in a week. Usually things come in 3's.

salvorone@aol.com

no way of telling , could have been anything . but beerslayer had it right , a w.a.g. , so ill add mine , without a microscopic inspection of course without magnafluxing the broken partss , there is no way to tell. , could of been some soldier could of left the damper loose allowing the harmonic engine vibrations to crack the damper at the weakest part @ the keyway eventually breaking the piece in two. .option two could of over torqued the damper causing the same failure. option three during over haul soldier two dropped the engine on the damper and seeing no visable damage said nothing . you get the idea ?? oh and never forget the built by the lowest bidder option . interesting :shock:

dburt

Did you replace the seal in the timing cover, it was hard to tell by the picture if it was 'tweaked, torn or twisted' by the broken edges going round and round inside of it.

deuceaid

Banned
now that I think of it, how could that drive pulley dampen or balance anything? It doesnt have the mass of the flywheel, and I dont see that it has been milled to offset some other weight. The last option would be an active dampener, but You would hear the loose material or fluid moving around inside it... its a pulley Jason Phd BS:tin hat:

RIDDLE1

Did you replace the seal in the timing cover, it was hard to tell by the picture if it was 'tweaked, torn or twisted' by the broken edges going round and round inside of it.
I am going to replace it when I go to put it back together. I tore the truck apart to replace the timing seal and gasket because of a leak and found this.

aaron379

thats good If somthing happens and you need one order from memphis equipment there 4.50 plus shipping... do not use store bought key way most likely its unhardend and you will have problems... did you get your timing cover off?

Attachments

RIDDLE1

thats good If somthing happens and you need one order from memphis equipment there 4.50 plus shipping... do not use store bought key way most likely its unhardend and you will have problems... did you get your timing cover off?
I have not gotten the cover off yet. How did you get this bolt out without taking the air compressor off? Mine has a nut on the back that I can't seem to get to with a wrench to hold it from turning.

Attachments

aaron379

I have not gotten the cover off yet. How did you get this bolt out without taking the air compressor off? Mine has a nut on the back that I can't seem to get to with a wrench to hold it from turning.
I got mine back together tonight get a stubby and you can get it in there..... Its tricky getting the washer and nut back on but I did it with my fingers

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't care if he was the head bait tender on a Grecian tuna boat.

It helps if we can all reference the items as the TMs list them, so we all know what were discussing. We can reference page numbers, pictures, and part numbers with the TMs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks