• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help moving VW pan from gainesville, ga to buford, ga

surewriting

Its not exactly MV-related (sorry admins), but I could use some help getting this thing home. Its the body pan of some 60s-era VW beetle (buying it for the transmission, but the owner wont sell just the tranny, only pan and trans. it looks like this: http://images.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/2245958.jpg, but with more rust and no wheels). I will gladly pay for the gas expended.

I need it moved from Pro Import in Gainesville, ga, down to my house (about 4 miles off the friendship exit on 985), about 20 miles away. I would be using that one-ton dually we have, but since its got radiator fluid coming out of the exhaust, and has since been towed to the shop, its out of the picture for who-knows-how-long (again).

Its about 10ft long, and abot 5ft wide, and quite heavy (a couple hundred pounds). If anyone around the gainesville area wants to help out, I would be very appreciative. Just PM me and I'll give my address and cell #.

surewriting

Darn. I just went up there today and bought it. lol you posted right as I was getting the money out of the atm to buy it. Are you on thesamba.com? send me a PM (or email- its my username @gmail.com) if you have more volks stuff- ill probably be interested.

conductorx

Darn. I just went up there today and bought it. lol you posted right as I was getting the money out of the atm to buy it. Are you on thesamba.com? send me a PM (or email- its my username @gmail.com) if you have more volks stuff- ill probably be interested.
I used to advertise on thesamba right now I am out of stuff except for a few odds and ends. I sent you a PM with my email address.

I do have two of these for sale:

Gary

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks