• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help moving VW pan from gainesville, ga to buford, ga

surewriting

Its not exactly MV-related (sorry admins), but I could use some help getting this thing home. Its the body pan of some 60s-era VW beetle (buying it for the transmission, but the owner wont sell just the tranny, only pan and trans. it looks like this: http://images.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/2245958.jpg, but with more rust and no wheels). I will gladly pay for the gas expended.

I need it moved from Pro Import in Gainesville, ga, down to my house (about 4 miles off the friendship exit on 985), about 20 miles away. I would be using that one-ton dually we have, but since its got radiator fluid coming out of the exhaust, and has since been towed to the shop, its out of the picture for who-knows-how-long (again).

Its about 10ft long, and abot 5ft wide, and quite heavy (a couple hundred pounds). If anyone around the gainesville area wants to help out, I would be very appreciative. Just PM me and I'll give my address and cell #.

surewriting

Darn. I just went up there today and bought it. lol you posted right as I was getting the money out of the atm to buy it. Are you on thesamba.com? send me a PM (or email- its my username @gmail.com) if you have more volks stuff- ill probably be interested.

conductorx

Darn. I just went up there today and bought it. lol you posted right as I was getting the money out of the atm to buy it. Are you on thesamba.com? send me a PM (or email- its my username @gmail.com) if you have more volks stuff- ill probably be interested.
I used to advertise on thesamba right now I am out of stuff except for a few odds and ends. I sent you a PM with my email address.

I do have two of these for sale:

Gary

Attachments

Last edited: