• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need help on timming of injector pump !!!

hey guys, I got a reconditioned injector pump and have a few questions on timming and set up of the pump. its the ldt 465-1c turbo. First off, on the harmonic balancer there are 3 lines...
1st line- lds 427
ld 465-1,
lds465, lds465-1a, and ltd 465

which line am I lining this up on? This is a good starting point!!!!

second question.... when installing the pump, the front gear has the 3 small 9/16 bolts and the large 3/4 center bolt.... how do i line up the gears and NOT advance or change timming on the pump? The pump has already been linned up and ready to install.
I was told to loosen the 3 small bolts and slide the pump and gear in, then using the center bolt turn the nut til the line in the top pump sight box lines up and then tighten the 3 smaller bolts.... check for all lines to match the marks.

what is the porcess of bleeding and preping the motor for start up? anything I need to do? just want to get all the ducks in a row lol

is this correct or is this false info?

anyone that can give me a good clear explination on how to time my the pump, I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks to all thant can help

LanceRobson

Dakota, Desertfox is right. There are enough things to do to get it right and on the engine with the engine timed to the injector pump that there is no way to fit it into an email.

Also, the TM has good pictures and diagrams. I can tell you the the whole thing goes a lot easier with the radiator and grill out so you can see what you are doing. It's well worth the effort. An inspection mirror could come in handy, too.

Lance

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
18 month old thread...

Pretty sure he has his truck running now.