• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some help on identifying some marks on M886

Unimerk

Hello guys,

I am Niek from the Netherlands. I bought a M886 which I am putting back to his original state.
There are some marks on the truck which I would like to know what they are.

IMG_9320.JPGIMG_9322.JPGDodge Ambulance in Beekbergen 001.JPGIMG_5207.JPG

I included some pictures, also one with the comparison of the former state and current state.
So the idea is to bring it back to the earlier state. Does some perhaps know how this camo is named?

Kind regards, Niek

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NG0LC2 is the US Army registration for that vehicle.

The camouflage is MERDEC Winter Verdant
Green 34079
Field Drab (brown) 30118
Sand 30277
Black 37038

Look in the manuals forum for TB 43-0147, which is the manual for MERDEC (often called 4-colour) camo.
There is an official pattern for the M886, but it's not in my copy of the manual.

Cheers

TB 43-0147 2.JPGTB 43-0147 1.JPG

Last edited:

Unimerk

I searched quite a lot but I can't find the pattern for the M886.

I also searched for Macgyver on this forum but without any luck, I think I will have to work with the picture I got from the former owner.

Thanks a lot guys for the help!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I knew someone on here had done a pattern for the M886.

He used the pattern for the M880 to get the Dodge parts of the pattern, and extrapolated the box pattern from the M725 ambulance.
Comparing them to M886 pictures on the net (there are lots of them in this camo pattern), he's pretty close, though his pattern needs some adjusting.

Attached are the patterns from the manual for the M880 and M725. The green/green M725 is Summer Verdant, you'd substitute 30118 brown for the light green areas.

Cheers

M880 Winter MERDC a.jpgM880 Winter MERDC b.jpgm725-re.jpgM725_US_merdec_fb.jpg

nattieleather

The BNX? is to vague to know for sure what that marking is. Usually vehicles would be marked with higher headquarters followed by operation headquarter and then the unit marking (example: 82AB 44M HHC which means 82nd Airborn 44th Medical Brigade Headquarters Headquarters Company.) BN is usually an abbreviation for Battalion but who knows. Sorry I couldn't be of further help on decoding that one. By the way I've seen vehicles marked like that and they usually belong to a post or base and only used there on the base and not part of a unit. So maybe BNX? might be a Army base somewhere over there?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks