• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Weight/Dimension data plate, alignment spec, and fuel gauge wiring info

joshs1ofakindxj

Paperwork says I have a 1954 Kaiser-Jeep M35A2, recently acquired in NY. From my pictures people seem to think the truck is closer to a 1970 vintage.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...648755343_755350342_21019041_1500798431_n.jpg

(See attached image)

1. Weight/Dimension data plate missing off of dash - I need this with the weight of the truck printed on this so a mechanic can read it and I can get my truck titled in PA. I've been looking for this plate for an M35A2 with winch model with no luck. Please advise on where to find a plate that has the proper truck weights and I can stamp with my VIN/registration.

I tried Memphis Equipment, Saturn Surplus, - no luck, no one is answering and mvdataplates.com and on ebay I see a plate listed as for M35A2 W/W but the picture shows one that is M35A2 Wo/W - might try and contact them.

2. Front tire wear is heavy on the outsides of the front tires, with the passenger side being worse. Seems normal from searching. I'm going to check bearing/knuckle wiggle but what are the toe in measurements for the front end so I can check alignment?

3. Fuel gauge reads empty when power off, and all the time when the power is on it reads full. Most likely cause before I go chasing wires?

Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We prefer you to post your pics, rather than link to a hosted site.

I personally won't open links.

We have a VIN info thread, I suggest you post your info there. (Vin# from frame)

Tech Manuals have all the weight data.

gunboy1656

MVdata plates should have the ones you need, probably not pictured. Depending on how well you know your mech you can take in the TM and show him. If not then your going to have to wait a while.

I checked my toe on my truck and it was not out of place, but it tore through my one tire.

joshs1ofakindxj

We prefer you to post your pics, rather than link to a hosted site.

I personally won't open links.

We have a VIN info thread, I suggest you post your info there. (Vin# from frame)

Tech Manuals have all the weight data.
I added the pic as an attachment since standard
doesn't seem to work here.

I wanted to get some ducks in a line before I threw my info into the VIN info thread.

I'll try showing a mechanic the TM. What is the TM number with weight data? If it is in TM 209-2320-361-10, I have that one.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, that one has the data tag info.

gunboy1656

If I had some free time I would bring my truck out and he can verify the weight off of my truck. Unfortunately only free days I have are on Sundays.

joshs1ofakindxj

If I had some free time I would bring my truck out and he can verify the weight off of my truck. Unfortunately only free days I have are on Sundays.
I was able to get a local mechanic to sign off on truck weight. I should be getting my antique plate soon.

Thanks for the offer though.

My roommate said he spotted a truck that looked like mine, which to him means an olive drab 6x6, hauling a group of dressed up good looking girls to a prom or something this past weekend on Rt. 51 in the Century Three mall area. Was this possibly your truck?

joshs1ofakindxj

I found from a TM the front end should be towed in about an 1/8th inch or less. Can anyone verify that?

Still chasing my fuel pump wiring too...

BUT I did get the truck all stenciled and prettied up for a parade this weekend! Also got a cargo cover and bows to put on...

gunboy1656

I was able to get a local mechanic to sign off on truck weight. I should be getting my antique plate soon.

Thanks for the offer though.

My roommate said he spotted a truck that looked like mine, which to him means an olive drab 6x6, hauling a group of dressed up good looking girls to a prom or something this past weekend on Rt. 51 in the Century Three mall area. Was this possibly your truck?
Must be another OD truck in the area then, Mine is still camo. Only OD ones I know of are 5 tons.

joshs1ofakindxj

Must be another OD truck in the area then, Mine is still camo. Only OD ones I know of are 5 tons.
I think it might of been the truck that usually sits at a logging or lumber company office right on Rt 51 in that area. I think it is a OD green with a camo cargo cover.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks