• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nevada MV's unite!

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There a few of us in the Las Vegas MVPA, about 14 vehicles. Seen a number of others with no affiliation.
Maybe we can find a place for a get together here in central Nevada. There is a large R/V park on Hwy 95 between Hawthorne and the munitions depot called Whiskey Flats. I'm sure NV555 has seen it in his travels. It's a couple years old, clean, has showers, latrine and a great view. My 2cents. Open to suggestions.

NovacaineFix

I am in Bishop, California but have traveled to Barstow, Stockton and Big Bear (farther than Reno) to attend events. Would not mind going to Minden, Gardnerville, or Reno to join you guys for events. I am kind of caught in a no mans land for distance to any events...almost always over 150 miles one way.

Not into off roading a lot but like doing all the rest of the MV functions.
It's a ways, I understand, but there is a small rally coming up near Barstow, I included the link if you want more info.

We do off-roading but a bunch more. The area we camp at near Barstow is a great location, easy to get to, even in a normal car, minor off-roading. We do BBQ, some bring guns (here), a big mountain as a backdrop so no worries about where your rounds go. Last couple of times, some brough quads and cycles, so it is a perfect location for just about anything.

Also a great large dry lake for doing whatever you really want, even in a Deuce or 5-ton

Link to event>>>http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?157942-2016-SoCal-Fall-Rally

If you can't make it, we understand, but you'll be missing a good time, definitely worth the trip!

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He lives next to the Desert Lobster has a wrecker and a quonset hut. Has many Green and Tan items.

DSCF1528.jpg NV555 does this look like some of Franks stable? There is a yard full of green and tan items behind where I'm standing. This is in Mina, NV.

Sublime8396

Hello everyone I'm in silver springs nv I'm looking at an m813a1 and was wondering if I'll have any problems getting it registered? I've talked to people with deuces and they don't seem to have any problem but no one knows about the 5 ton. I would love to get together maybe do some camping this summer now that the lakes hot water again haha.

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in Gardnerville with a 1994 M1078. No problem at DMV. They couldn't wait to take my money. Get a trip permit and they will direct you aound the back for an inspection in Carson City..

Pointman

Sublime8396

Just what I wanted to hear. Thanks guys I've been poking at this thing for a few weeks and think I'm ready to make a deal on it. I've cold started it ran it and found a few issues to fix but nothing to bad. Looks like air gauge is leaking under dash the low air buzzer disconnected (probably cause it leaks) back window stitching gone so window falling out and brakes are questionable pedel goes to the floor but he says it stops fine maybe issue because of air leak?

Sublime8396

Ok quick question someone just told me my class c drivers license isn't enough for the 5 ton?!?!? I'm wondering if I should walk away from it and look for a deuce?

CAJohnny

Okay, fairly new to SS so I may not be doing this right, but we're trying to spread the word about a couple of big shows coming up in Central CA. First is in April 20-22 at Tulare AgCenter. This has been basically a tractor show for years, but lately they have been getting more and more antique trux. The head of it called me last week and asked if our group would participate this year and we're going to do it. anybody interested can contact me at margiandgary@charter.net or 805 931 0291.
There will also be a huge show on Memorial Day weekend at Santa Margarita Ranch which is between San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles.
Spread the word!

Gary Hanes
Central Coast Convoy

Welcome to the forum. I have seen a few other vehicles in Elko, but I don't know if they are on this forum.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks