• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New 5 Ton, M54A2

jpekarek

Unfortunately I have a history of this. When I decide I want something I always go for the biggest and the best, the whole "being able to afford it" thing doesnt seem to come into play much. But I will learn everything I can about it. I have a '31 Ford street rod and this thing is even funner to drive than it. I will love it and pet it and call it George!

jpekarek

Well here's the new muffler. It made a huge difference. Still loud and growly, but more tolerable when your foot is to the floor. Got rid of the ear piercing "BRAAAAAPPP" when you come to a hill. Did a shabby job attaching the tip with metal heat tape, but I will stop by a muffler shop and have them throw a weld on it.

Attachments

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like your flat-grille[thumbzup] Welcome to the site and to the realm of 5-Ton-dom.

Nothing on these trucks are light. Remember the only thing "light" on your truck are those shiny round things attached to your grille.

kastein

Welcome,
You will find a great bunch of people here.

But.....starting off with a 5-ton is kinda like going directly into the deep end and not even checking for water.........

Great looking truck, yo will have the OD disease................
Why check for water? You got a 5 ton, it'll go through it... :D

I just picked up my first MV, also an M54A2... :beer: yours looks nicer than mine and seems to have come with some real luxuries like a roof.

I was looking for a deuce but ended up with a 5 ton partially by accident and through the convincing of a friend of mine who said that rims and tires are easier to get due to the common bolt pattern with many commercial rigs, among other things. So glad I did!

I don't think I'm going to put a muffler on mine unless the law wants me to, as I'm going for a semi-restore / repair to full operating condition type project on it. Any modifications and differences from original stock design will be kept as invisible as possible and bolt-on only.

jpekarek

Why check for water? You got a 5 ton, it'll go through it... :D

I was looking for a deuce but ended up with a 5 ton partially by accident and through the convincing of a friend of mine who said that rims and tires are easier to get due to the common bolt pattern with many commercial rigs, among other things. So glad I did!.
Well believe it or not, I was looking for a '68 to '72 Olds Cutlass when I ran across my truck. I typed "455" into Craigslist and my truck popped up, 455 was part of his phone number. I thought it looked bad-ass and it was near my wife's work. So I took my son and we went to look at it. It was relatively clean. Then he let me fire it up. I don't remember much after that, just driving home a different person. The disease had engulfed my soul. I no longer wanted another muscle car, just the truck. Best decision I ever made.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks