• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Crewcab Idea

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just had a brainstorm of epic proportions. A cat 5 or better on the Saffir Simpson or an F6 tornado. As many know, the 900 series cab is wider than the standard cab. I'm wondering what the odds are of mating the pair to have a factory looking type cab?

A

A/C Cages

Good old sheet metal between if not. and a ton of Bondo. lol

A

A/C Cages

I was joking on the Bondo thing, I do not and will not ever use it myself.
If you cant weld it or use Labmetal to fill the pinholes, Then you shouldnt be doing bodywork.

Bondo is something that should never have been developed.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess I'm not getting the concept. How are you going to join the two cabs if one is wider than the other? What would be the advantage of doing this? The pic I have in my head doesn't look good.

treeguy

My take on it when first read was the idea that the deuce cab is tapered outward as going twards the back (front near the vents is skinnier width than at the rear). So I thought that he would use the wider 800 or 900 to join to the back where the deuce is at its widest and it would all match up. Though I don't know the width of the 8's or 9's compared to the regular deuce, this was just my guess.

Derrickl112

My take on it when first read was the idea that the deuce cab is tapered outward as going twards the back (front near the vents is skinnier width than at the rear). So I thought that he would use the wider 800 or 900 to join to the back where the deuce is at its widest and it would all match up. Though I don't know the width of the 8's or 9's compared to the regular deuce, this was just my guess.

m35's and m809's use the same cab. the m939 cab is about 10" wider than a deuce and 809 cab.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

This! Several crew cab projects have taken form over the last few years. All of the ones I have seen use a second cab of the same series for the aft section. This approach requires widening the front of the aft cab and making the sides parallel to each other. My curiosity has me wondering if the width of the cowl of a 939 series cab is close to the rear width of the M44A2, M809 series cab. If its close one could add the aft cab keeping the taper in place and woudl net a much wider rear seat section of cab. A 939 cab would easily seat 3 adults and it we were lucky enough that the width was right close, it would make stretching a hardtop much quicker too. I think it's worth the effort of measuring.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It also tapers and if the cowl matches the rear of the M44A2 cab, that taper could continue to the back of the crewcab.

tm america

i would think it would be a very close fit judging by the amount of the taper the cabs have.. It could make doing the mod alot easier .Especially when it comes to making the roof.. Just get a 800 and 900 hard top and a little strip between the two

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks