• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New deuce in Olympia, Wa

ZackRidesRed

I just got home from picking up my new deuce. made it home with out any problems at all. it even drives better than my old 1983 International S1900 with 73k on it (with the exception of the deuce not having power steering).

It had the four main things I was looking for, hard top, winch, fold down side bed, and it had to be a good running driving truck. it was in Auburn, Wa.

Its going to take a bit of work, here is my to do list so far.

Things to do check list.

-Fuel leak at injector pump
-None of the gages work except engine temp.( Fixed)
-Cracked glass.
-Missing PTO and driveshaft to winch (driveshaft ordered)
-Under the windshield is rusted out. (got a rust free cab)
-Minor body rust under doors (new doors too)

Attachments

Last edited:

AaronW

Welcome to the club. Let the madness begin![thumbzup]

"Hey there...You bringing that to the Rally???" Posted just to save Scott from having to ask for the 1,427th time.:lol:

ZackRidesRed

Welcome to the club. Let the madness begin![thumbzup]

"Hey there...You bringing that to the Rally???" Posted just to save Scott from having to ask for the 1,427th time.:lol:
Haha he wont even read that befor he asks rofl I bet he will read the title and just start typing (joking scott).

Oh, and I will be there.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great job on getting the truck that has the options you wanted on it.
Nice looking also.
What year?
Are you going collector plates or weight fees?

wsucougarx

Great looking truck! I like those vintage side mirrors on her!! You do realize you'll need to get a matching trailer for your new acquisition. Then you'll need to get a back up deuce as well. As Aaron said, let the madness begin...he wasn't kidding;-) It all starts with one truck then it's all downhill from there;-)

Last edited:

ZackRidesRed

the title says its a 1968 studebaker, it also says its a M34. . . sounds a little off to me. I thought they started calling them M35A2 by 68. I will have to go over the data plates and try to learn more about it.

I got a M105 about a year ago. . . I need a 2nd one now haha. Im trying to work out a plan to get my class A CDL at the end of this year or the first of next year. . . so I can get a 5 ton rofl

It already has collector plates so I will keep them.

Last edited:

hwcurtice

Yeah, the ad is still there. Might want to ask the guy to drop it or he's going to be hammered with questions.

I saw that a couple days ago, and I was wondering why it said Studebaker too. Didn't they go under in the early 60's? And just what is an M34?

Love those non-military tires :: puke ::

But what the heck, it runs, right?

I'm guessing, when it got plated/titled, the PO used whatever he could to get it past the DMV.

ZackRidesRed

The data plate says its a M34, It also says the fuel tank is a "Gasoline tank" so im thinking it could have been a gas M34 and the year on the title is wrong?

I drove the truck for about 2 hours today. . . well my brother drove for an hour of that. he is having more fun with the deuce then I am [thumbzup] he is talking about selling/trading off his boat to get a deuce or a 5 ton (his has to be bigger than mine).

The truck does not miss a beat. I think the first mod im going to do is power steering, I can drive the truck fine with out but it would make it so much more fun to drive. . . and easyer to.

ZackRidesRed

I think it had a gasser gage cluster, no tack, speedo in the center right? it came with what I think is the original cluster (9100 miles)in a pile of spare parts. but now it has a partially installed multifuel cluster (only the temp gage works). I'm starting to think this deuce was made for civy use. I pressure washed the truck today and the bottom coat of pain is fire truck red, it also has a fire department decal under the camo paint on bolth doors.

ZackRidesRed

I worked on the truck today, cleaned out the bed of all the pine needles an spare parts and lubed all the hinges.

I took a pic of the gage cluster that used to be in the truck, it looks a little different than the one in the video.

There was 75' of 9/16" stainless steel cable on the winch, I took it off to clean and lube it.

Attachments

hwcurtice

That's a nice looking truck. Y'all get tired of it, let me know...

Heading down to Tenino this evening.... Oh the joys of I-5 travels on a Friday afternoon....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks