• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New deuce in Olympia, Wa

hwcurtice

Update: My left rear most wheel cylinder started leaking to the point of being un drivable, I ordered 2 new wheel cylinders and 10ea rebuild kits so I can rebuild the cylinders on the M109 when I get it home. The parts should be here tomorrow. I would much rather use all new wheel cylinders but I'm trying to not spend to much on my addiction for the next two months lol

I'm going to have to rent a 1" drive impact gun to take my lug nuts off, I tried a 4ft breaker bar and a 3 ton floor jack. the breaker bar now has a nice bend to it :mrgreen:

The yellow trailer that I have is being put on the back burner now that I have the M109 and I am going to sell the Mighty Mite as soon as I get a title, what a PITA that is turning out to be. to many irons in the fire. . . I need a bigger fire:grin:
Pictures of the Mighty Mite? And what yellow trailer?
Oh, and pictures of carnage is always fun!

ZackRidesRed

zack what you doing sat night? i may be able to swing by

Looks like I'm having a small get together [thumbzup] anyone is welcome to come by. I will be in the mountians testing some hand loads in the morning but I will be working on my brakes on the deuce about noon so any time after then you can stop by.

We can do a BBQ/bonfire in the evening :beer:

ZackRidesRed

Been working on the deuce. I picked up a 1" drive pneumatic impact gun at Harbor Freight Tools for $185 and I got the 3 year replacement warranty. Apparently I missed the memo about my lug nuts are reverse thread, I broke a stud off before I got it right :doh: I need to start reading the service manual.

My axle seals are leaking pretty bad on this axle, the brake shoes and drums where completely covered in grease. This axle was doing nothing to help stop the truck. so I ordered new inner and outer axle seals like I should have in the first place. They should be here on Thursday. I don't mind the wait, this will give me time to slow down and do the job right the first time.

I forgot to take a pic of the wheel bearings, they look new and it looks like the truck hase never had the hubs under water so thats good.

Attachments

Last edited:

srodocker

Yea those reverse nuts are a pain as brad was yelling at me that they were when i almost started to crank on them with his huge impact gun hahaha.

i need to check my seals and such. after this years events shes getting a tear down as i think mine will need a head gasket as well. going to be a learning experience.

wsucougarx

Its amazing what you'll find our not find in those hubs. Sometimes it can be downright scary.on my 68,i was amazed my truck could even stop with all the gunk in there. Dont get me wrong she stopped okay and I was a bit apprehensive tearing into her needlessly...haha little did I know how bad the hubs actually were. Its all about safety. I highly recommend Everyone check their hubs and brakes regardless.

ZackRidesRed

Oh i did learn something, if you put 1/4" of grease over your brake shoes they will stay in like new condition rofl

Edit: rtv check. No word on the EUC for the M109 yet, I was hoping it would clear by now.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks