• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New deuce markings.....I had to

FreightTrain

Banned
This was just too Perfect.I had to get this and put it on my truck......BTW,This is NOT a sticker.....2 hours hand sanding to get the bumperet smooth enough,one coat of Primer,one coat of flat white then applied the sticker,Sprayed it black,Waited 2 hours and carefully peeled all the itty bitty peices off careful not to tough the paint.I still screwed up in a few spots.I will get a brush and tough them up later.

Vinyl stick $7 with shipping Ebay
Paint around 15 bucks
5 bucks for sand paper
25C for asprine for the muscle pains in my arms
The look on Yuppies with their fagon Wagons-Priceless

Attachments

FreightTrain

Banned
All hummers are junk.......The military had "Humvees".Hummers are slicked up chevy Tahoes with a crappy body or a slicked up neutered made for Civilian use Military type truck.......

Angus1

You and I know that, But what about the rest of the meat heads that don't know the difference between a Tahoe and a taurus.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you really saying that H1 Hummers are junk? IIRC they ran down the same assy line as the HMMWV.

Jakob

Hummer does NOT equal HMMWV, most people don't know that though. I always refer to the H1's and military models as a Humvee and the new H2's as Hummers.

saddamsnightmare

March 28th, 2008.

THAT STICKER WORKS EQUALLY WELL ON THE REAR OF AN S404.114 UNIMOG, as they will eat either type Hummer (HMWWV,H1) or the sissy civillian versions (H1,H2,H3), will go anywhere a HMWWV will go and a few places they won't- ask Mike Pop. I still prefer my M35A2 deuce as its easier to get into, but the Unimogs much more maneuverable and responsive, just a pain in the A-- to get into or out of with the over engine cab. rofl

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce- no hummer wannabe......!
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog S404.114 Mercedes Benz NATO green- Never a hummer in sight where this bad boy goes.....
""??"" Johnson MFG Co. M105A2 Trailer Cargo, MERDC or NATO 4 color scheme, hummer crusher when backing up....oops!

FreightTrain

Banned
Thanks but not,that ain't a sticker.I used the sticker as a stencil and painted it on.Also,I don't know if I can put the next marking on here or not.It is one of those If I wanted a Hummer ones.Wish it would hurry up and get here.Even though I dread sanding again...maybe this time I can take it to the race shop and use "A DA" instead of "The DA".

CliffW

Re: RE: New deuce markings.....I had to

FreightTrain said:
All hummers are junk.......The military had "Humvees".Hummers are slicked up chevy Tahoes with a crappy body or a slicked up neutered made for Civilian use Military type truck.......
:ditto:

GearSpec

Re: RE: New deuce markings.....I had to

FreightTrain said:
That's pretty ignorant, I own an H1 and it's just as capable as any HMMWV,9it has nothing to do with a tahoe or the junk H2, it is a HMMWV for all purposes and is just as effective if not more.

NOW, the H2 is another story, I don't even consider that a Hummer, and take insult to even being associated with that SUV.

The paint work needs to be changed to H2, because there may come a day when you need to get extracted by an H1 :)

Trust me, it's happened even with firetrucks that weigh 2-3 times what the deuce does

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: New deuce markings.....I had to

GearSpec, thats the exact point I was trying to make earlier. An H1 is a Hummer and it is a very capable vehicle. Still like to have one myself.

GearSpec

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: New deuce markings.....I had to

ok misunderstood ya! yeah h2 and h3 makes me furious gm took a legit brand name and single handedly destroyed it's prestige and reputation.. one of the worst moves i have ever seen. They by no stretch of the imagination deserve the Hummer name on them, it's truley offensive. :(

DMgunn

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: New deuce markings.....I had to

Let's not forget that soon after GM did the blasphemous deed of calling their own GARBAGE Hummers, they killed the (spectacular) real thing because it didn't sell as well as their watered-down...no, actually completely unrelated versions. Now all most people will think of when they hear Hummer is some ridiculous ego-booster on 24's stuck in 2" of snow. I get so mad just thinking about it.

I personally would prefer a similar sticker on something a lot smaller and less capable, like a bone-stock 3/4-ton pickup. On a duece, it almost makes the gullible ones believe that's what it takes to recover the legend-in-its-own-shopping-mall H2, H3 or Solstice-based fwd-only H6 that no doubt will premier next year.
**Rant over**

BTW, I need help with my own plan. I am building an '82 Bronco that will be all hunkered down over 38.5" Swamper SXs on 1-ton axles, and of course, OD in color. I want lettering on the back near the pintle that reads something to the effect of:

"Free H2 and FJ-Cruiser recovery - I have to go to the mall anyway."

Anyone think they can improve the wording? Just seems a bit awkward.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks