• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce owner here..

Dhallftworth

I'm in Kennedale, TX and traded for 2 M35A2s and a trailer made from the bed of a Deuce that was bobbed. I am in the process of going through the brake system of the bobbed deuce, which goes from no pedal to hard pedal then soft pedal and everywhere in between, and all brake lines and parts seem to be frozen/welded together. Using a lot of penetrant and force, I have broken several apart.

I have so far replaced the following parts
The steel line from the rear splitter to the right rear, which was crushed.
Rear rubber line, due to worn spots
Steel line from splitter behind air pak to rear rubber hose
Wheel cylinder on left front wheel
Both rubber lines on front wheels
Master Cylinder
I tried to replace the upper rubber line on right front, but cant get it to break loose yet.

Parts ordered:
WIL-260-8742 Wilwood Disc Brakes 260-8742 - Wilwood Master Cylinder Remote Reservoir Kits
Dorman 12707 speed bleeder screws for each of the 4 wheel cylinders

Looking for Part numbers for Wix/NAPA replacement filters for
Air
Oil
Fuel

Thanks for all of the help. The TM's have been very helpful and I have downloaded and printed many of them. I have searched the threads and they solved many of my issues and questions. All help is Appreciated.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

Dhallftworth

Well, I hope your brake issues go better than mine did, but incase you have to rebuild the air pack, check out the thread I put together on it. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?82753-MY-Airpack-Rebuild-with-Photos! You jumped in with both feet huh, two deuces! Awesome!

Best of luck and welcome!
Yea, I couldn't pass up the deal. Thanks for the link, I'm new to all of the systems on these trucks.

Thanks for the welcomes guys, This is a great place to be.

Another Ahab

Parts ordered:
WIL-260-8742 Wilwood Disc Brakes 260-8742 - Wilwood Master Cylinder Remote Reservoir Kits
Dorman 12707 speed bleeder screws for each of the 4 wheel cylinders

Hey Welcome from here in Virginia.

You going from drum to disc for the brakes then. Don't recall seeing threads about it. I'll have to do a search. What's your thinking about that?

Dhallftworth

I was taking the wheel and hub off to replace a wheel cylinder on the right front axle, and I got more than I bargained for.. I already had the wheel cylinders, so I was thinking a free job, minus the time that it took. I found bearings that should be replaced, brake shoes that are worn down past the rivets unevenly, and other general issues. Now it looks like it will be Friday before the wheel goes back on with new parts behind. I'm wondering, if I should go ahead and do the axle seals or what else, since it is all apart? What do y'all think?
Here is some of what I found: image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Another Ahab

The expression "no time like the present" comes to mind...

And then there's the Second Law of Thermodynamics, Entropy isn't it? Everything breaks down over time (i.e. the situation just isn't going to get better if you wait). You can't fight Physics. I mean you can try, but good luck with that...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks