• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce owner here..

welldigger

I got it all reassembled, except for putting the tire back on at 2:30am this morning. Thanks for the help and TM's, if it wasn't for them, i would still be figuring it out. The axle seals were in good shape, so I replaced just the inner seal, which was hard, and both bearings. It was interesting adjusting the brakes, what do yall typically use to measure the distance of the brakes? I eyed it and feel pretty confident that I have the bottom set at 1/10th of an inch and the top at 2/10ths of an inch. Next is going to be replacing the back brakes and wheel cylinders on the back of the truck.
I use a run of the mill feeler guage to adjust the shoes. Can be found at any suto parts store. Also useful for measuring spark plug gaps.

Dhallftworth

I went to my local part guy and picked up a couple of brake shoes, a new throttle cable, and a Roboimpact catalog 2011 NSN# 5130-01-363-0964. He tossed in an adapter plug so that it will work with either the new or old slave plug. The roboimpact is missing the support handle that screws into the side, and it looks like it's missing the part on the 3/4" square that holds the socket. Does anyone have a robotool like mine, that they can upload a picture of the square head, for lack of better words.
This is one, identical to mine:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks