• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

*** New Feature - PM Auto Prune

EagleWrench

War on MV folks

I am new to SS site. I read some of the notes for new members on how some people would like to outlaw everything because we (VETS) gave them the right to do so. Well i do not know how many members are in WI. The rules of operating MV has changed for the worst. I purchased a CUCV for GL in MAY 2010 recived EOC in SEPT 2010 i was informed that i can only use Military historic plates on my cucv. Meaning i can only drive this 1984 pickup truck to special events and maintenance. Unfortunitly my special events calendar is very different that of the WI DOT, This law went into effect 1 OCT 2010. This goes for All Vehicles the have an engine and could operate as a motor vehilce. And yes if you do have plate on a cucv now when you go to renew Guess what yes it will be denied and you will have to put a MIlitary historic plate on it. I cant blame GL for this i read the agreement. It is the great state of WI. I hope this helps people in the future purchases. There are way around this law but it probably involves realatives and other state tags, i wont be doing that. I will be posting my truck in teh classifieds. I was very excited to be able to own one of these bullett proof vehicles but when i was told i coudl not due to this law it made me sick. I hate to make my first post be a NEG one but i thought this would be a good place to let some ol Soldiers no what is going on. The McCOy GL site is selling a ton of these up here good luck to the members that still have the freedom to use this fine equipment.

EagleWrench

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks