• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from Texas

redneck rebel

Whats up everyone. new here. I live just south of san antonio texas now. I am originally from northern michigan. after I got out of the military my parents moved down here so FOR NOW we are in texas.

I am prior military. Air Force.

Anyway we have been talking about getting a duece for a while, and we finally made it happen. I picked my dad up a 1973 cj5 when i was up in dallas about a year ago, and we got a trade offer for a 1968 duece. Since my dad already has a 53 willys we decided to go ahead with the trade.

We have driven the duece about 120 miles so far. it needs some TLC, but all in all a solid truck!!!

Anyway, I joined the site to learn more about these rigs than what I learned in the military (how to ride in one). I need to learn all the tips I can for maint. type stuff.

http://www.saoffroad.com/members/mudking-albums-random-picture10919-xmas-2011-002.jpg
http://www.saoffroad.com/members/mudking-albums-random-picture10918-xmas-2011-003.jpg

txdodge43man

Welcome from Magnolia Texas. Good looking truck alittle paint and some blood, sweat and bad words and she will turn out a winner. ths site will help you alot

two.fiveM35

Welcome from Cypress/Houston. There is a wealth of info on this site. "search" is your friend and read read read. You might be able to pick up a trailer for your deuce up there in SA.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Spring Branch! I'm about 40 miles north of downtown S.A. If you need any help let me know. I'm not an expert but I can BS like I am one any day of the week.

Pawnshop

Welcome aboard! I think your first sortie should be the removal of that fugly bumper! Then you need to figure out everything else that the FD did to her while she was in their captivity... I like the muffler!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The West Texas Detachment of the SteelSoldiers welcomes the (see link below) new Texan aboard :-D Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

Nice lookin' truck!

Ours spent some time as a BrushFireTruck also. (see other link below)

Again... W E L C O M E ! ! !

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Redneck, Welcome from your home State, Your in good company around here. I like your front bumper, that rocks. FYI, Get to know Chappy aka USAFSS-ColaWarrior, he is a good local source for you and a good friend to have around.

Don

Keith_J

Did you say "beer"? I can be talked into working on an M35 with those words:beer:

References? Yeah, I've a few here:driver:. My specialties are brakes, wheel bearings and injection pumps.

Funny truth, after doing brakes on an M35, doing brakes on a car seems like a joke. Got another puny car brake job tomorrow for my brother. Piece of cake.

redneck rebel

thanks for all the welcomes everyone!

and nice to see there is some local support for it...

The bumper for us is a love/hate thing. its ugly, and has to go. we need a stock bumper and the winch. BUT, it sure is nice to have to stand up and work on it. as I found out last night!!! may leave it on there until we get the engine tuned up, and cleaned up. Then we will take it off, and replace with a stocker/winch...

Thanks again. we look forward to meeting you guys sometime.

and as for the other michigander. Where are you from? it just says southeast... my grandparents live in milan.

redneck rebel

Welcome from Middle Tennessee.

I was raised in Poteet, TX just 30 miles south of San Antonio going down Hwy 16.

You came to the right place. The folks here are the BEST !!! :D
nice. we have hunted on my buddys place in poteet. strawberry festival stuff!

We are working on buying property some where out there between poteet/jourdanton/pleasanton.

we currently service most the oil rig company's/frac'ers out in the area...

RichardR

Hello and welcome, Redneck Rebel. I'm just up the road in Austin and occasionally get down your way whenever I'm lucky (or unlucky, depending on how you look at Green Addiction) to add to my pile o' parts from Ft Sam in SA. My main interests are the M35A2 and too many generators to list.

You will have lots of fun with that fine looking truck with the impressive front bumper. PM me if you need help anywhere near me.

Richard

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks