• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New From Washington State.Deuce Advice needed

OD_Coyote

I have not looked at the trucks in Tenino yet, but my oldest son is thinking about buying one of those trucks, if there are any left by the time he decides.
I think a fellow SS brother named rattlecan, bought one of the Tenino trucks a couple of months back. Perhaps he will chime in and share his observations on the condition of the remaining trucks.

rattlecan6104

No i think he is looking at the ones from that guy in tenino. He bought a lot of them and is selling them off for 3500 each. all run. one guy on here picked up the only W/W he had.

<- This guy!!!:driver:

Oh and btw, if you get a hardtop and want a soft top, I will gladly trade ya. That guy is great to deal with too, he took care of me when I was in my money acquisition stage.

Last edited:

wsucougarx

From what I remember the remaining trucks were just that, remaining trucks. The guy bought 14 trucks sold all but two. From what I remember they had some serious cancer on them. When I went there they had a beautiful Tooele rebuild w/CARC, rattlecans winch truck, two rusty deuces w/out troop seats, and 1 truck off in the distance. The Tooele sold, the winch sold, so just the two rusty ones remain I believe.

usmc deuce cpl

The ones in puyallup have come down in price but i think they are still a little high. Would make offer and see what i might be able to pick one up for but i dont have enough funds yet.
Good luck on your search.

usmc deuce cpl

The ones in puyallup have come down in price but i think they are still a little high. Would make offer and see what i might be able to pick one up for but i dont have enough funds yet.

wsucougarx

no i haven't. I am at college right now in eastern washington and am just not ready for the undertaking yet. haha. I am hoping the in the next few years to start a different project for a daily driver: 1994-98 dodge 2500 cummins 4x4 witha 6-speed. Then i would have a vehicle that could move the deuce if i needed too . lol
Well, I have a 2001.5 Dodge 2500 w/High Output Cummins 4x4 w/6 speed manual. The cummins will no doubt pull the deuce, stopping is another thing. In fact buying my second deuce was also based on the fact of towing my other deuce should that need arise. I figure it will cost at least $600 to tow a deuce so I figured that into second deuce budget:)

wsucougarx

Yah, her parts are way overpriced as well. She wants $800 for a used deuce cargo cover:roll: Considering GMA wants around $600 brandnew

usmc deuce cpl

Ya and a grand for an m105. They started at 7000 for truck an trailer and they are down to 6000 now.
The trucks are not in bad condition from what i can see, but i am not the most knowledgeable on deuces.

Alex400

Well, I have a 2001.5 Dodge 2500 w/High Output Cummins 4x4 w/6 speed manual. The cummins will no doubt pull the deuce, stopping is another thing. In fact buying my second deuce was also based on the fact of towing my other deuce should that need arise. I figure it will cost at least $600 to tow a deuce so I figured that into second deuce budget:)
yeah, well at the moment i probably wouldn't be able to even pull start it if i needed too let alone move it very much. The reasoning behind the dodge, is i also want to make it into a exploring kind of truck. 4" of lift, 35" tires, regear, 4" exhaust, fuel plate, make my own cold air intake and locker down the road. It would probably do better than my toyota in terms of milage. get's crap milage. 13 in the city. not cool.

rattlecan6104

I honestly couldnt tell of anything about the other tenino trucks, I was only there for the winch truck, from just a glance mine was the worst condition paint wise. the guy that owns them is a nice guy and will be more than willing to let you look em over.

datsunaholic

That Craigslist deuce looks a lot like the one my Dad's co-worker sold about 8 months ago out of Carnation, though I don't remember his having troop seats (he may have just had them out when he pulled my grandfather's Isuzu back up onto a road). IIRC the one he had was a Sprag, it had none of the "upgrades" as it was surplussed back in the early/mid 90s. With the under-truck exhaust and big muffler it was very, very quiet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks