• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from York, PA

Nate1005

Recently medically retired from the Army so now I am a disabled vet looking to fill my time. Avid Jeep enthusiast and am currently looking for a decent M416 or CDN m101 1/4 ton trailer to tow behind my Jeep. I am looking to turn it into my camp rig with a roof top tent. My hope is to mod it out so that I will be able to take my two children camping still since my legs and back are now trashed at the ripe old age of 32... So if anyone within 400 or so miles of 17347 has a lead on a good trailer, please speak up. If not, I will be here regardless.

Respect, Loyalty, Courage and Strength!!!

-Nate

61sleepercab

Every once in a while a Jeep trailer will come up in GSA auction or Govliquidation site. I have seen the 1/4 ton trailers used by WVDOH a long time ago usually to put cold mix pothole patch material in a trailer pulled by a pick up. I would advertise in the local traders guide paper under Jeep trailer. I would ask a local school bus driver to ask around as the bus drivers see all kind of stuff on their routes . The 3/4 and 1 ton army trailers would work behind a Jeep with civilian 15" tires . A M105 is just too big and bulky. The empty water pump or generator trailers would make a good base for a expedition type trailer. Good luck on the hunt. Mark

Nate1005

Mark, thanks for the info. You have me a few new ideas here, I've know about the auction sites but they are always about two states too far. I'd drive for the right trailer but I can't justify going more than 400 miles one way.

Do you really think the American M101 would pull well behind a Jeep?I've always heard that they are too big.

-Nate

Every once in a while a Jeep trailer will come up in GSA auction or Govliquidation site. I have seen the 1/4 ton trailers used by WVDOH a long time ago usually to put cold mix pothole patch material in a trailer pulled by a pick up. I would advertise in the local traders guide paper under Jeep trailer. I would ask a local school bus driver to ask around as the bus drivers see all kind of stuff on their routes . The 3/4 and 1 ton army trailers would work behind a Jeep with civilian 15" tires . A M105 is just too big and bulky. The empty water pump or generator trailers would make a good base for a expedition type trailer. Good luck on the hunt. Mark

Nate1005

John, not sure if you remember or not but you and I have met before. You let me bring my son down to look at your 2.5 tons and everything else you had. He still talks about that day. I've been out of the hunt for a bit due to medical reasons but I am back. Thanks again for letting us come down that day and thanks for the welcome here.

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Welcome from Cape Cod, MA. Hope your hunt for the trailer turns out well. As others have said, thank you for your service. But be careful. Getting the trailer leads to having to have the right color truck to pull it:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks