• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy - lift question

japickar

I found one for $50 with a blank rod end that you have to drill and taper - is that the one you bought? I believe it is made by total performance.

TCUCV

I have the steering block on mine with a 4" lift and it has proven itself to be fine for what I have . . . of course there is play in the wheel a little bit but its an old pickup truck, what do you expect.:beer:

Dave87

Japickar if you don't mind me asking where did you find the rod end? I'm trying to set the same thing up thank you for any help. Any tips to I'm also new at this lifting ordeal. Thanks again

japickar

I have the steering block on mine with a 4" lift and it has proven itself to be fine for what I have . . . of course there is play in the wheel a little bit but its an old pickup truck, what do you expect.:beer:
I don't mind a little slop but the steering block IMO is not enough correction for the 6" lift. I really wanted to do crossover in the first place - I just needed an excuse to do it.:)

Japickar if you don't mind me asking where did you find the rod end? I'm trying to set the same thing up thank you for any help. Any tips to I'm also new at this lifting ordeal. Thanks again
If you are referring to the crossover steering arm you can find it at Total Performance's store on ebay.

The lift itself is pretty straighforward. This is the first truck I ever installed a full suspension lift on and it wasn't too bad. Just take your time and follow the provided instructions. Also, If you buy a lift kit for a 3/4 ton truck, it will not have all of the components you need to complete the job. If you are doing crossover steering then you have that part solved, but you will need u-bolts for a gm dana 60 front axle as the 3/4 ton u-bolts will not work (I assume you have a 1008 or 1028 - if you have a 1009 this will not apply). Also, if you get a lift that comes with rear blocks, the u-bolts will probably not be long enough. I just ordered a shackle flip for the rear so I didn't have to worry about that. Go ahead and get extended brake lines as well - you will be gld you did in the end.

Dave87

Ok I feel like I wont need the rod end.... this is what I bought and my plan. I have a skyjacker 8inch all spring in the mail as we speak. I would like to setup the crossover steering, I had planned on a Y link but it looks like you have to have high steer. I lime the cheap crossover cus its cheap. The rear D shaft I will have lengthened and the front I will do myself. The plan for the rig is to play in the sand box and trails now that I have a trail worthy rig. If any of this throws up red flag feel free to throw them on the play. Sorry if I high jacked the thread, just seemed like the place to ask. And thanks for the response early. Just don't want to blow money on unnecessary things.