• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy. M35A2vsM35A3

RIDDLE1

Ok so I am sure that this has been run in the ground but I am truly new to the MV thing. I am looking to purchase a M35 in the next year and would like to hear the advantages/disadvantages of the A2 vs. A3. I understand the mechanical differences between the two but would really like to know what you guys with experience think.

:deadhorse: I know but really lost.

Last edited:

oddshot

Welcome Aboard ... always room for another loyal son of the South!

I see you met everybody. :roll:

Sometimes you gotta get creative with your searches ... and do more than one or two.

Also try over at the Deuce Modifications and hod rodding thread.

There is a LOT of good information on this site ... just keep searching and reading. Learn as much as you can before you buy one.

BTW ... you might want to give the classified a look over too. That's where I found my Deuce.

oddshot

dittle

Best advice, drive both and buy which one you like better. Othewise you'll get nothing but a thread full of bickering back and forth.

RIDDLE1

Best advice, drive both and buy which one you like better. Othewise you'll get nothing but a thread full of bickering back and forth.
That is the plan. I just have to find some to drive around here. I do not know one person that owns one. Also how much does one weigh? If I have to go out of state to buy one I might trailer it home.

rickf

Lets put it this way, You ain't gonna tow it with a pick-up. Then again.....................................That thread is still going isn't it?:shock:

Rick

RIDDLE1

Lets put it this way, You ain't gonna tow it with a pick-up. Then again.....................................That thread is still going isn't it?:shock:

Rick
Oh well..........there goes that idea! I was thinking it might be a little over the weight limit of the ole dodge 3500!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd go with the A4. ;)

Or what about the plain M35 or the M35A1. Nobody ever shows them any love. :-(

RIDDLE1

A Deuce is over 13,000 pounds.

It ain't the towing ...

... its the STOPPING that's the problem.

oddshot
I have brakes on the truck and gooseneck! LOL!

With the weight of the trailer I would be a little over the truck towing capacity. I think I would try it if it was not to far away.

Last edited:

mdmorganwife

That is the plan. I just have to find some to drive around here. I do not know one person that owns one. Also how much does one weigh? If I have to go out of state to buy one I might trailer it home.
Welcome to the site, your only about 90 miles south, we live just north of macon, and happen to have one of each sitting in our yard, come check them out. We are having a get together on the 20th for my husbands b-day, come if you would like, pm me for directions.

RIDDLE1

Welcome to the site, your only about 90 miles south, we live just north of macon, and happen to have one of each sitting in our yard, come check them out. We are having a get together on the 20th for my husbands b-day, come if you would like, pm me for directions.
Thanks! That would be great! I am working non-stop right now but I will have some time next month. I really appreciate the offer!

mdmorganwife

Don't wait to long, the A3 isn't ours it is another ss members truck that we picked up for him, don't know when he is coming to get it. Oh and driving it would be up to him also but looking shouldn't be a problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks