• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy With M151 A1s

imaokie2000

It continues to rain, so I can't sand blast the jeeps. I thought I would check out the fuel tanks a couple days ago and they were full of crap. I soaked them with solvent for a couple days and it didn't seem to dissolve the crap, so I cut them apart today. Hopefully, I can sand blast next week and I will coat the tanks internally with KBS Gold Standard Tank Sealer. I have a lot of repairs to make on them before coating though.
Jeep Fuel Tanks DIRTY (2).jpgJeep Fuel Tanks DIRTY (3).jpgJeep Fuel Tanks DIRTY (1).jpgJeep Fuel Tanks DIRTY (4).jpgJeep Fuel Tanks DIRTY (5).jpgJeep Fuel Tanks DIRTY (6).jpgJeep Fuel Tanks DIRTY (7).jpgJeep Fuel Tanks DIRTY (8).jpgJeep Fuel Tanks DIRTY (9).jpg

imaokie2000

It finally quit raining long enough to sand blast. The jeep we picked up in KY is beyond saving. We will have two donor jeeps now. Now for the long restore project.

I thought while we were sand blasting, I'd blast and repaint some rusty farm equipment. I first got 30 sacks of sand. It took 90.........................

IMG_1561.jpgIMG_1562.jpgIMG_1563.jpgIMG_1564.jpgIMG_1565.jpgIMG_1566.jpgIMG_1567.jpgIMG_1568.jpgIMG_1569.jpgIMG_1591.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks