• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy with M35A2C?

Big Ron

No didn't try bypassing it. I didn't know you could. What is the purpose of the relay if it can be bypassed? I didn't want to mess with anything electronical and fry Tue wiring harness. I took some more pics today when I got home from work of the motor and I will try and post them shortly.

dilligaf13

I just had a similar problem with mine. The alternator was seized up causing the batteries to slowly drain and not provide enough power for start up resulting in clicking. I replaced the starter relay while I was at it from one I picked up at White Owl for about $65.

dilligaf13

Florida doesn't do bonded titles. I just used a company in Tampa and for a fee around $100 they used a power of attorney and registered mine through a private tag agency in Volusia County. It took about two weeks and required a law enforcement officer or tag agent to verify VIN. I'll get the info for the company when I get home and post it.

dilligaf13

Florida Fast Title
(813) 237-5805
When I did this about a month ago I spoke with KC and she was very helpful. It cost me their $100 fee plus tag, registration, and title. If you have an extra tag to put on it will save you about $75. The registration was about $115 and the title cost me $70.

Big Ron

Thanks a lot dilligaf. You just saved me hundreds of dollars and from having to take a few days off work. This site just keeps getting better and better.....

Big Ron

Called KC @ Florida Fast Title and got the process started. It was just a $5 vin search fee and will be a $115 filing fee plus my Tag transfer and Reg and Title fee. They do all the leg work. You don't even have to go to the Tag Office at all. They mail you docs to sign and you are good to go. Thanks for the heads up again dilligaf. Were you able to get a Antique Tag for your truck? Or because of the weight, did you have to get a regular tag? Is there such thing as a "Historical Tag" that I have herd some one mention before?

Last edited:

dilligaf13

I wasn't able to get a Antiques tag through them for some reason. I spoke with my local tag office and they said I could switch it over. The historical tags are the same thing only they are the actual tags from the year the vehicle was manufactured. It's getting harder and harder to find historical tags in decent shape to the point that it's not really worth it.

Big Ron

You may not have been able to because the truck is over 5000 lbs. I was told by my Tag office here that a vehicle over 5000 lbs cannot be tagged as an Antique. When you Bob it I wonder if it will be under 5000? How much did it cost you to register for a year? $153.65?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To get the antique/ mv tag, you have to apply via mail to Tallahassee. Needs to be registered first. Read FSS 320.086. I have a deuce and CUCV tagged that way. For a former MV age and weight don't apply.

dilligaf13

Bobbing it will take you down to around 11,000#. Most tag personnel are clueless with MVs so you'll get a different answer from each person you talk to.

Big Ron

Thanks 4X4, I will do that when it comes time to renew in Nov. That way I can put the tag I am transferring to it now back on my hunt truck. I plan on bobbing it in the future. I have been going through the "different answer every time" now. But all is good now that you recommend FFT. They are doing all the leg work. Thanks again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks