• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new here, I want a tank

rickf

Contact Justin Wering and ask him about moving a M46 that was located near me out to Texas.

Big toys require deep pockets and the patience of Jobe.

I was in a tank battalion in Korea (did I mention I hate tanks?) and watching those guys replace the tracks on M1's broke me of any desire to own one except as a lawn ornament.

Good luck with that.
Replacing a track on a D8 is a nightmare and we used an excavator! I can't imagine a tank where it is bigger, a LOT heavier and the track is not exposed.

Rick

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hogwash. we have members on here that can haul it with there 1/2 ton pickup and swear to you that they can leagaly do it because they run high octane gas and put more air in there tires!:grd:
I tow one Deuce/M105 combo home with my Dodge 1500 and I'm labeled for life.

;-)

rickf

Well like they say, pictures or it didn't happen. You HAVE pictures! I actually forgot about that one, I guess that was the one he was referring to. I was thinking more along the lines of some of the other Darwin candidates I have seen.

Rick

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I was thinking more along the lines of some of the other Darwin candidates I have seen.

Rick
You hit the nail on the head! there is way more than one!
I love the ones that ask if thay can do it then get pissed if you tell them it is not safe!

pbnationrc

Just an observation about this thread in general. There has been some real good advice given to the OP without being condisending or just plain sarcastic.
Matt
yes, thank you all for the great advice. I still will go with it. Just not at this time as I am still learning and gathering up cash. I am just doing my homework now. But this all helps and it is being put in perceptive.

Thanks,
pbnationrc

rickf

yes, thank you all for the great advice. I still will go with it. Just not at this time as I am still learning and gathering up cash. I am just doing my homework now. But this all helps and it is being put in perceptive.

Thanks,
pbnationrc
That is the correct way to do it, gather information and research. Unlike most of us who just jumped in head first.aua

Rick

rickf

You hit the nail on the head! there is way more than one!
I love the ones that ask if thay can do it then get pissed if you tell them it is not safe!
Yep, They are the ones I was talking about. They get pissed and then do it anyway.

Rick

smashcrashy

That is the correct way to do it, gather information and research. Unlike most of us who just jumped in head first.aua

Rick
I did a lot of research on owning a Ferret (which I consider the smallest, most affordable armor on the market) and I still learned more in one day or ownership than the last 6 months of research. It could be that my research only brought me so far and the hands on just took it to another level.

But I'm a novice mechanically (literally, never even changed my own oil).. so the world of armor ownership was a huge leap. I've learned so much in the past 3 months it has been a fantastic experience. But I really can't imagine starting with something too much larger. I mean maybe a CVR(t) if I had land to run it and was generally mechanically knowledgeable but I still think thats a stretch. Or a V-100 is a good mix between size and portability.

That is why for the OP I was suggesting a Ferret, you baby step into armor with the smallest expense possible, it is very road accessible, and easily resellable later if you decide to trade up (or decide the hobby isnt for you). You'll get a small taste of the larger/heavier world that armor provides but it isn't overwhelming as if you had a 20 ton tank in your lap and starting from square one.

flighht2k5

Banned
Hogwash. we have members on here that can haul it with there 1/2 ton pickup and swear to you that they can leagaly do it because they run high octane gas and put more air in there tires!:grd:
You guys do the same with your deuces. Claiming you carry 50000 pounds in the bed off road and pulling a million pound trailer. It's ok the gov under rated them right? :)

Gruemeyer

Ebay will pull tanks if they are reported as technically they are an Ebay banned item.
You are absolutely correct about eBay and their social engineering..

No weapons however all the ****ography you can handle.

Example: Selling a rifle case on ebay, image with real firearm to show off case, will not fly. Same case with same rifle with an orange plastic plug on end of barrel is a go. ( Looks like air soft AR15).

Don't like it, however it is their company.

L1A1

If you go to the MV section of ebay (yes, there is one) you can see all sorts of AFVs including MVs with weapons displayed. Of the ones I was paying attention to, the weapons displayed did not have the orange muzzle on them.

As for the T34/85 out of Texas that was on there, the auction might have run it's course and with no buyers, was simply taken down after a given time period.
Matt

B3.3T

I second the suggestion of a Ferret to get started. Dozens of good reasons why. Mostly, you have to keep it fun and Ferrets are fun. I've done the whole route, Ferrets, Foxes, V-100s, Scorpions, T-55, Stewart, 18 others, a Ferret is the way to go.

Needle

Needle said:
Looks like the seller pulled it from ebay because it is no longer available.....I wonder if that means it has been sold....:wink:
B3.3T said:
Ebay will pull tanks if they are reported as technically they are an Ebay banned item.
As for the T34/85 out of Texas that was on there, the auction might have run it's course and with no buyers, was simply taken down after a given time period.
Matt
Technically your comments are correct, but in this case I think you may have missed the meaning behind my original emoticon.......:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks