• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new here, I want a tank

colt45727

I wish you good luck if you are importing one, with the current administration in DC itll sit for--ev-ver. I got buddies that cant even import parts kits.

The administration just never approves it. It just runs out of time, then you have to re-submit and pay.

zout

I saw it today on a link of a museum in the UK for 100 pound sterling you get a 45 minute trip driving a tank on a 3 mile facility.

There is a meal included - there is a training involved - just thought this was pretty cool. I forgot where I saw it..

They do have a variety of tanks to drive as well.

blueleadermark

I own a Czech T-55a and would recommend them to anyone looking to but an actual tank. As cool as things like Abbots and Scorpions are, they pale in comparison to a "real" tank. As Dave Bane mentioned, dealing with Eastern Europe on parts alone, let alone vehicles, can be a nightmare. We have both struggled with certain "suppliers" and I have personally had to contact their governments to have them apply pressure to force them to ship goods that had been paid for months before. I bought my T-55 through a supplier in England. Their way of doing business and Government agencies are much more compatible with ours. I have done major jobs such as changing track and a clutch replacement which requires the transmission and rear deck to be removed and it doesn't require a full shop setting or tools. I hired the delivery truck from the local lumber yard for the re and re on the deck and transmission and did all the work in my yard. I'm 6 feet and 190 lbs and find it quite comfortable to drive although it does require some strength for the steering so it may not be for someone with a slighter build. A place to run it around is a must to avoid having seals dry up and such. My understanding is that recent changes in U.S. import laws have made it all but impossible to import a vehicle with a working gun and it may even require the removal of the gun entirely. Your best bet is to either find something already in the States or go through an importer. Again, I would recommend the T-55 on its reliability, ease of maintenance and availability of parts. You don't have to be a mechanic to keep it running.
Good luck

L1A1

An observation about the T55. Although big & heavy when compared to a ferret, they aren't so big & heavy when compared to their western counterparts (M60/Cheiftan/ Abrams)...... Didn't one of the end user nations make a set of rubber block tracks for the T55?

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks