• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Houston Tx. Member

sloryd

Hello everyone

I will be receiving in the next week my 71 m35a2. I am a 50yr old kid waiting to open the Christmas present under the tree. This is the first military truck I have ever owned, and the learning curve is going straight up.

Military history has been a hobby of mine foremost WWII aircraft. I volunteer at the Galveston air museum.

I live in the Clear Lake area close to Seabrook and Kema. The main reason I bought the MV was for emergency truck for hurricanes. But this is to much fun for one purpose.

I am very happy I found this site… the information is very useful. I know I am totally confused on the GL stuff. But its fun to look at, but before I bid on anything I need to understand all the stuff on the descriptions.

Thanks

Last edited:

waayfast

Welcome to the madness!! I used to work in Galv.(todd shipyard) and then in later years came back to visit and saw the Air Museum.Noticed you had at the time a PB4Y-2 Privateer that was a retardant contractor A/C (Hawkins and Powers ,Greybull WY ???)Was just moved in(2000) and restore hadn,t been started yet.I too like the airplanes but can barely afford the green trucks!:roll:

txdodge43man

Welcome to the site. There are a few of us on here from the Houston area. I volunteer at the Military Muesum Of Texas in houston. The Military Vehicale Hobby can be a lot cheaper that the Aircraft hobby so welcome.

sloryd

There Here

I have finally received my trucks yesterday. Thanks to all that made that happen. They are 2 - m35a2’s. Once is a whistler the other is not. I also received my m105a2 trailer. I am new MV world and I am looking for experts on the issue that live in my area. I live in League City close to Kema TX. Both trucks and trailer are at my shop. There are some members in the area that have PM me and I would like to have some with experience walk though each truck so I can start a list of the restoration work and supplies needed.

Took them for a drive last night around the shop and these trucks are going to be fun.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks