• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Houston Tx. Member

sloryd

Hello everyone

I will be receiving in the next week my 71 m35a2. I am a 50yr old kid waiting to open the Christmas present under the tree. This is the first military truck I have ever owned, and the learning curve is going straight up.

Military history has been a hobby of mine foremost WWII aircraft. I volunteer at the Galveston air museum.

I live in the Clear Lake area close to Seabrook and Kema. The main reason I bought the MV was for emergency truck for hurricanes. But this is to much fun for one purpose.

I am very happy I found this site… the information is very useful. I know I am totally confused on the GL stuff. But its fun to look at, but before I bid on anything I need to understand all the stuff on the descriptions.

Thanks

Last edited:

waayfast

Welcome to the madness!! I used to work in Galv.(todd shipyard) and then in later years came back to visit and saw the Air Museum.Noticed you had at the time a PB4Y-2 Privateer that was a retardant contractor A/C (Hawkins and Powers ,Greybull WY ???)Was just moved in(2000) and restore hadn,t been started yet.I too like the airplanes but can barely afford the green trucks!:roll:

txdodge43man

Welcome to the site. There are a few of us on here from the Houston area. I volunteer at the Military Muesum Of Texas in houston. The Military Vehicale Hobby can be a lot cheaper that the Aircraft hobby so welcome.

sloryd

There Here

I have finally received my trucks yesterday. Thanks to all that made that happen. They are 2 - m35a2’s. Once is a whistler the other is not. I also received my m105a2 trailer. I am new MV world and I am looking for experts on the issue that live in my area. I live in League City close to Kema TX. Both trucks and trailer are at my shop. There are some members in the area that have PM me and I would like to have some with experience walk though each truck so I can start a list of the restoration work and supplies needed.

Took them for a drive last night around the shop and these trucks are going to be fun.