• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New LSSV...maybe

dually1125

I bought this 07 classic 1 ton dually duramax with 24k on the clock back in November of 2014 never having heard of a LSSV before. Drove from Texas to Barstow Ca and back in four days to pick it up. I've been trying to find info about them on and off since then. From the searching I have done, I haven't came across any duallies. It has the blackout lights, green paint that faded to a pale blue, support bars for a canvas top, and originally came with a gun rack mount between the front seats, but it doesn't have the heavy steel bumpers or the 24 volt dual alternator three battery setup. So my question is, is this an LSSV?

Attachments

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First one is an in-service Sea-bee truck that I saw in S. Korea. Suspension kit and all. Second is a contact maintenance truck we acquired from the Navy (via DRMO) that is a dually rear, just a tool box instead of the standard bed. you should see something along the lines of the data plates in Pics 3 & 4. I *THINK* they were on the driver's door... but that was almost 2 years ago now...

Edit... THUS, I would believe that your truck is an LSSV. Brush guards are the same, BO lights in similar spots, parkings in the right spot...

Attachments

dually1125

These and the standard GM vin sticker are the only stickers on the drivers door. The last pic is of the plate above the BO switch panel. Nope, no 24V only 12V. I guess its more of the clone of a LSSV converted by OEM Systems for the Navy.

It runs great!! I got lucky, I was able to put a couple hot batteries in it, prime the filter and drive it on the trailer.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks