• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M1008 Plow Truck-pics

WARWAG

Hey Saquatch,
Can you take some detailed pictures of all the mods they did? I know its alot to ask but they are really unique! Like the oil pan mod. What is the tube from? Is it an external heater that is plumed to it or exhaust? If you can I would appreciate it.:beer:

Sasquatch

It has almost a full arctic winterization kit on it. I did some searches and a lot of people seem to want information on it so I'll take some pics and start a new thread when I get back from vacation. But here's a short run down:

Auxillary Battery/Interior Heater- fired direct from the fuel tank, defrosts and heats the cab up quick!

Swingefire Heater- this is the circular port on the drivers side fender it is a seperate gasoline fueled portable heater that slides into the openng a seperate pump circulates the coolant around it to heat the engine block. My truck has the port but I do not have the actual heater, saw one for $150 on eBay.

Engine heater: (missing) this is the same as the auxillary heater but would be mounted on the drivers side I stead of next to the batteries, it is he heater that would heat the engine oil pan and transmission.

Since I'm missing the engine heater and there is plenty of exhuast heat from the battery heater I may try to route the exhaust over to the oil pan/ tranny. I am missing the battery box covers but the heat escaping will just warm the engine compartment. Give me a few weeks and I'll try to get more pics posted. It also has a regular plug in block heater.