• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New m1009 Floors via extreeme liner

Red_506

Great job SGTskully! Cannot wait to go there myself. On your third batch of pictures # 8 of 8. I see a gloss black piece of sheet metal runing accross the floor. What is the pupose? I do not have on my 86 - 09. :shock:
That is meant to protect wires for antenna and power cables when radios are installed.

K9Vic

THey are the stock military mounts, I just cleaned up the rust reprimed them and then sprayed them with Rustoleum Hammered paint.
My truck is a 1984 and the seat mounts are not the same, what year is yours?

And thanks

Those are seat brackets for the civilian K5, not sure why it would have those from the factory. May have been an in error or near the end of a run and those were available. I had an 86 and they were the same as my 84 M1009 with the adjustable sliding brackets. I do have a set of those brackets on hand from a civilian K5 as extras from seats I swapped, but that is the first I have seen them in use on a M1009.

Mine and those seen in the picture do not have any sliding rails to adjust the seat, so is there any front/back adjustment? There was no sliding adjustment on the seats or brackets I had from the older K5.

SGTskully

I am the second owner of this truck and the prev owner did not have it very long. It came from Ft Lewis and the Wasau USARNG had it also. It does have front back adjustment but still had the old style washer pump and motor so it was a contract gov vehicle.

cpf240

On your third batch of pictures # 8 of 8. I see a gloss black piece of sheet metal runing accross the floor. What is the pupose? I do not have on my 86 - 09. :shock:
That is meant to protect wires for antenna and power cables when radios are installed.
Hmm... is there a source for this info? I've wondered what it is for as well. Per the -20p TM, it is listed as:

4 PBOZZ 11862 474022 FRAME SECTION,STRUC 1 UOC:209

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks