• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M105A2 from GL

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I won a M105A2 at Mechanicsburg today. I needed something to haul firewood, camping supplies, etc behind the 818 and the 756A2. It has a couple bends in the top lip, but nothing a sledge-massage can't fix. The price was right. Looks like I'll need a couple of bows and a top eventually. There were a TON of trailers going off yesterday and today. Some of them were real nice and brought over $300. Some went for under $100.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I still need to add another M105 to my motorpool. Shoulda kept one of the many I gave away.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris: Nice trailer! Good luck!

Kenny: Come see me...I've got seven cherry M105s. I'd hook you up on one.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, I only have one older trailer. It is a 1968 model. It is rust-free, has crank up landing gear and has near NOS wooden racks on it (all four sides). The trailer was shipped back to Ft. Drum from Camp Victory, Kuwait. All of the other trailers are the newer style.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks guys. I wasn't looking for a cherry trailer, but it seems pretty nice . I just needed something to work with that I wouldn't have to work on :)

Is anyone from VA or places further south going to be picking up trucks or trailers from Mechanicsburg or Chambersburg that could tote my trailer along with them?

If not, I guess I'll stick the pintle hitch in my diesel Excursion or my brother's F250 and haul it back.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eddie,
I have an idea for you. Go down to Winslow's place in NC. Pick up one of my M818s...and proceed up to PA to get your trailer. I recommend you grab the solid green one as it is cherry and runs like a raped ape. I'll take a look at your post.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jason, sure, I'd sell you one. All three are very, very nice. The tires are a bit dry, though. A couple even have the cargo covers. I'll give you a buzz this weekend.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So, steering this thread back on topic. :)

Is anyone else south of PA picking up something from Mechanicsburg in the next month?

TheBuggyman

steelsoldiers said:
So, steering this thread back on topic. :)

Is anyone else south of PA picking up something from Mechanicsburg in the next month?
Chris,
I'm trying to enter into negotiations with Westfolk to get my 818 and M127 down to Fredericksburg. If he can do it and get your trailer too it can stay at my shop until you get time to fetch it. Waiting on my first EUC though, may take a while.......

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, my M105A2 just arrived in the driveway behind Joseph's trusty deuce. Joseph and his helper just headed south to NC to pick up a M52A2. The SS supply train works great!! I have a spring seat for CGarbee and Kenny's winch just left with Joseph for Derby and 1stDeuce!

Thanks a bunch Joseph. I'll be sure to post more pics once I have a chance to go through it in the daylight!

citizensoldier

hmmm

steelsoldiers said:
Well, my M105A2 just arrived in the driveway behind Joseph's trusty deuce. Joseph and his helper just headed south to NC to pick up a M52A2. The SS supply train works great!! I have a spring seat for CGarbee and Kenny's winch just left with Joseph for Derby and 1stDeuce!

Thanks a bunch Joseph. I'll be sure to post more pics once I have a chance to go through it in the daylight!
Your pics show a cover under all that.. Seems like you were just one short on the bows.. So how was it in the daylight?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Re: hmmm

citizensoldier said:
Your pics show a cover under all that.. Seems like you were just one short on the bows.. So how was it in the daylight?
I got it parked in the side yard with the 818 this morning. It sure is a lot easier to move one when you can just look through the rear window and see which way it's going. I hate backing them up with a cargo truck.

Yep, the cover was a surprise. I thought I saw something under all of the stuff, but wasn't sure. It has 4 aluminum bows for the middle and one wooden one for the end. The little extension is missing off of the end bow. I need an wooden end , but have a friend that is hooking me up with one. The wood on the sides looks brand new. There is a little rust around one of the loops and a little in the seam next to the driver's fender. Nothing the MIG can't fix. The cover is solid green vinyl and is in great shape. The drain valve is broken off of the air tank, but the rest of it looks intact. I am going to work on it this afternoon and get some pics. Best $90 I ever spent :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks